Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Double-track railway line through Korat Muang district to be elevated?  (Read 688 times)

Alfie

• Forum Lover
Re: Double-track railway line through Korat Muang district to be elevated?
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »

And some photos of inside Kaeng Khoi junction train station.
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Anton

• Forumphile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 11:02:25 PM »

As to Bangkok-Saraburi (about 110 km) and Saraburi-Map Kabao (about 20 km), are they already double-track sections?

Some of it is for sure, Anton, but I don't know how much of it.

Thank you. Looking closely on Google Maps, it actually shows Bangkok-Saraburi-Map Kabao all double-track already.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Alfie

• Forum Lover
Re: Double-track railway line
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 04:13:50 PM »

Here's a video of a train running along where the double track rail route will be alongside the Lam Takong dam area three days ago.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_WeICGfYoE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_WeICGfYoE</a>
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »

Alfie that's brilliant - I didn't know you were a train driver  ;)

I watched the video and the train seemed a bit wobbly - not sure I'd fancy high speed on that track. A lot of work's been done and a lot to do . . . .

Thanks for the video.

KiwiCanadian

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 06:17:47 PM »

One has to realise that the double tracking is only for the old meter gauge rail, this should have been done 30 to 40 yrs ago, but better late than never.

The High speed rail is on standard gauge rail 4'-8 1/2". A completely new right of way is needed for this project.
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Ratsima

• Administrator
    • Out and About Thailand - Travel Blog
Re: Double-track railway line
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2018, 05:32:31 AM »

Here's a video of a train running along where the double track rail route will be alongside the Lam Takong dam area three days ago.

You can actually see some of this construction from the highway on the other side of the reservoir.

This photo shows construction of a tunnel for the dual carriageway lines near Pha Sadet station. The really curvy parts of the existing line will be completely replaced.

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2018, 05:24:28 PM »

Thanks KC - so there'll be a double tracked 1 metre gauge on the existing trail and a new high speed wider gauge (slightly east) as well - I guess that'll be double track too.

Did you see at the end of Alfie's clip at the single track bit ? The grass at the sides comes almost up to the track. It must be a massive job keeping the tracks clear in the rainy season.

Despite doubts expressed earlier - there is some real progress on both projects.

Ratsima btw - that pic near Pha Sadet looks more like a 'cutting' - (than a tunnel) ?

Ratsima

• Administrator
    • Out and About Thailand - Travel Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2018, 05:42:33 PM »

Ratsima btw - that pic near Pha Sadet looks more like a 'cutting' - (than a tunnel) ?

I tend to agree. However, when we were there my wife asked the site engineer, who, according to my wife, said it was a tunnel; one of several. Of course, maybe my wife misheard. Or, maybe the engineer was lying. How would I know? I don't speak any Thai at all.

But, this is life in Thailand for the illiterate. We rarely have a really good idea of what's actually going on.
Pages: 1 [2]