Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Double-track railway line through Korat Muang district to be elevated?  (Read 1145 times)

Ratsima

• Administrator
    • Out and About Thailand - Travel Blog
Re: Double-track railway line
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2018, 06:32:31 AM »

Here's a video of a train running along where the double track rail route will be alongside the Lam Takong dam area three days ago.

You can actually see some of this construction from the highway on the other side of the reservoir.

This photo shows construction of a tunnel for the dual carriageway lines near Pha Sadet station. The really curvy parts of the existing line will be completely replaced.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re: Double-track railway line through Korat Muang district to be elevated?
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018, 06:24:28 PM »

Thanks KC - so there'll be a double tracked 1 metre gauge on the existing trail and a new high speed wider gauge (slightly east) as well - I guess that'll be double track too.

Did you see at the end of Alfie's clip at the single track bit ? The grass at the sides comes almost up to the track. It must be a massive job keeping the tracks clear in the rainy season.

Despite doubts expressed earlier - there is some real progress on both projects.

Ratsima btw - that pic near Pha Sadet looks more like a 'cutting' - (than a tunnel) ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Ratsima

• Administrator
    • Out and About Thailand - Travel Blog
Re: Double-track railway line through Korat Muang district to be elevated?
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2018, 06:42:33 PM »

Ratsima btw - that pic near Pha Sadet looks more like a 'cutting' - (than a tunnel) ?

I tend to agree. However, when we were there my wife asked the site engineer, who, according to my wife, said it was a tunnel; one of several. Of course, maybe my wife misheard. Or, maybe the engineer was lying. How would I know? I don't speak any Thai at all.

But, this is life in Thailand for the illiterate. We rarely have a really good idea of what's actually going on.
Pages: 1 [2]