Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Which Phone provider is best price?  (Read 318 times)

John Doe

Which Phone provider is best price?
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »

I would like to know which Mobile phone/tablet Korat-Farang members are using and if possible why (details).

TIA

Pompui

Re: Which Phone provider is best price?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:36:27 PM »

AIS

Because I always have. Plus, I know more people that use AIS opposed to other networks.
They used to have the best coverage, but that was some years ago. I'm not sure who has the best now.
Live like you are dying

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:04:09 PM »

Both my wife , and I used to have Samsung Galaxys which were forever going wrong. Eventually we changed to iphones and also got ipads and now would never leave Apple products...fantastic.
HL  ;D

Wizard

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 06:31:09 AM »

I've used AIS for 14 years and I still have the same phone number issued to me! Totally pleased with my service except they still send me sms in Thai.

dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 06:50:55 AM »

I too have used AIS for 14 years on the same number and also still get sms in Thai. The service has always been good on the rare occasions I have needed to call them.

I do have a True sim, as my 2nd sim, which I use only for the internet as I find it is faster and more stable than AIS.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

toront500

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »

We both use iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pro and an iMac.  Can't fault Apple products, it's hassle free tech.  No third party software required for internet and security.  Definitely worth the extra cost IMO.

The wife has had mobile contracts with AIS for a long long time.  I have a package with True that is really good for the internet and allows me to set up a Wi-fi hotspot when we lose elec at the house. 

We have True TV football at home which is tied into my mobile contract.  Great package at a really good price and very reliable.

We have AIS Fiber for the internet and it has been excellent.

dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 10:18:45 AM »

We both use iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pro and an iMac.  Can't fault Apple products, it's hassle free tech.  No third party software required for internet and security.  Definitely worth the extra cost IMO.

The wife has had mobile contracts with AIS for a long long time.  I have a package with True that is really good for the internet and allows me to set up a Wi-fi hotspot when we lose elec at the house. 

We have True TV football at home which is tied into my mobile contract.  Great package at a really good price and very reliable.

We have AIS Fiber for the internet and it has been excellent.

I also have the True TV football which is tied to my mobile package.

True is the only way you will see the EPL and CL in anything akin to HD picture quality.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »

Its funny, you guys must be seeing something that i am missing.....lol
Every time i read the original post i see the op asking about hardware but you are all discussing software.
HL  ;D

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 01:11:30 PM »

H/L
There is a degree of ambiguity in the heading of the topic and the question the op asks:-
ie. topic heading----Which Phone provider is best price?
   question asked--- I would like to know which Mobile phone/tablet Korat-Farang members are using and if possible why (details).
Members seem to have answered according to their individual interpretation.

I have used AIS  for the 9 years that I have been here with a variety of different phones during that time
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »

Its funny, you guys must be seeing something that i am missing.....lol
Every time i read the original post i see the op asking about hardware but you are all discussing software.
HL  ;D

Oops, I'm a Samsung fan 8)

Pompui

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 11:15:07 PM »

Oops, my bad. Should have read the OP properly.

Currently OPPO Joy 5S. Why? Dual sim,will fit in the pocket and most amount of memory for the price range.
Live like you are dying

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »

Which Phone provider is best price?

A walk around any shopping mall or phone shop will quickly show you which phone is the cheapest price, but will that phone be right for you? Only you will know that. What do you want the phone to do and how well do you want it to do it?
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

John Doe

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 08:48:23 AM »

Sorry for the bad phrasing of my question.
I wanted to know which SIM (True, AIS, DTac) KF members use and which phone brand.
Most SIM providers sell with their package a brand of phone which seems to work better as other brands but is blocked and can only be used with that provider.
HTH

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »

I don't think many, if any, phones in Thailand are tied/locked into specific Thai phone service providers. Every phone I've bought in Thailand has been "SIM FREE"- I could choose which network I wanted to use providing the phone was capable of using the network frequency used by a particular network (i.e., 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 for 2G). Buy the phone then buy/insert a SIM card of your choice.

The only phones I've seen in Thailand that might be locked, but I'm not sure if they are, are a few promoted by AIS for AIS customers. Link below.
https://store.ais.co.th/en/mobile-phone/lava/ais-super-combo-lava-4g-volte-53.html

I've used Nokia, Samsung and iMobile phones. The iMobile phone was cheap and rubbish. I dumped it after 2 months. Basically, the more you pay, the better the phone but it really does depend on personal preferences and what you want your phone to do and how well you want it to do it.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »

^ Heavens above. I have found another phone that will only work with a SIM from a single provider, or at least that's what the saleswoman told me. I bought the phone but I haven't tried it. It's a cheap Nokia (1200 baht) that apparently will only work with a SIM from True.
Pages: [1]