Korat-Farang.com

Racist?

Alfie · 14 · 295

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Have you heard or read about what some Man U fans have been singing about Lukaku?  Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out has said it is racist.

Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out has contacted Manchester United to ask them to stop the club's fans singing a "racist" chant about Romelu Lukaku.

It says the lyrics, about the size of the 24-year-old striker's penis, are "offensive and discriminatory".

"Racist stereotypes are never acceptable, irrespective of any intention to show support for a player," said Kick It Out.

Manchester United say they will liaise with Kick it Out on the matter.

The Old Trafford club are also waiting to learn whether the chant about the Belgium forward is regarded as racist for criminal purposes and is therefore actionable.

A United blog has already asked the club's fans to refrain from the song.

FYI:

Romelu Lukaku
He's our Belgium scoring genius
He's got a 24inch penis
Scoring all the goals
bellend to his toes

Well, it doesn't seem to be racist to me but I don't know if Man U fans only sing that song to black people, or just anyone who scores lots of goals and is a football genius, or if Lukaku is the first player to get that sung about him. If they sing it to a white football genius woiud it still be racist?
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
A video of the chant for all you football fans, racists and non-racists alike.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0535ESranU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0535ESranU</a>

Online Teessider

Of course it's racist. They didn't sing the song about Rooney or Zlatan.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks for that Alfie.   ::)

So Folks spend £40 or whatever to sing inane songs like that - pathetic !

And IMO it is certainly NOT racist Teess.

Lukaku is a man in the spotlight atm - that's why they chose him for their 'wit'.

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Teessider

It is racist for using a racial sterotype. It is also rubbish because it doesn't scan. Genius does not rhyme with penis and goals does not rhyme with toes.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
He's got a 24inch penis

This line can be accepted with indulgence, if not with sympathy. Who wouldn't want to have a long (implicit: hard) penis? In this case you never exaggerate the size enough, because the ironical sense is quite obvious.

bellend to his toes

I find this line to be unequivocally racist in an offensive way. All the irony disappears here. I bet this Lukaku stopped laughing at this line, the first time he heard it.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Teess I agree that the 'song' is rubbish. And moronic.

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
bellend to his toes

I find this line to be unequivocally racist in an offensive way. All the irony disappears here. I bet this Lukaku stopped laughing at this line, the first time he heard it.

I had to look up what bell end means. Why is that line racist?

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Of course it's racist. They didn't sing the song about Rooney or Zlatan.

They are not Belgian!

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
It is racist for using a racial sterotype. It is also rubbish because it doesn't scan. Genius does not rhyme with penis and goals does not rhyme with toes.

The Kick It Out people are giulty of using or perpetuating that racial stereotype. There is no suggestion in the chant that his alleged huge dick is due to his ethnicity or race.

It is also rubbish because it doesn't scan. Genius does not rhyme with penis and goals does not rhyme with toes.

Of course it's rubbish. What do you expect? It's football aand football fans chanting in the terraces.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
He's got a 24inch penis
This line can be accepted with indulgence, if not with sympathy. Who wouldn't want to have a long (implicit: hard) penis? In this case you never exaggerate the size enough, because the ironical sense is quite obvious.

I agree. The big penis stereotype is silly but it's (arguably) a positive stereotype. Better to complain about negative ones rather than positive ones.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
bellend to his toes

This is either more proof that it is just a silly "fun" chant, or proof that Lukaku is a midget. (The "bell-end" is the end of the penis, so if a 24 inch penis reaches to the toes, the legs must be very short :))

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
bellend to his toes

This is either more proof that it is just a silly "fun" chant, or proof that Lukaku is a midget. (The "bell-end" is the end of the penis, so if a 24 inch penis reaches to the toes, the legs must be very short :))

My point was this: as long as you mention only the size, no matter how exaggerated, you can always relate it to the "positive" stereotype (penis in erection). But a penis in erection doesn't point towards your feet. Thus, as soon as you mention that "penis tip reaches toes", you replace the positive stereotype with the negative one.

This said, it would still be better to avoid the stereotype altogether.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I think folk have too much time on their hands and have lost all sense of perspective and humour.

How has it come to this?