Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Limit on how many cigarettes we can buy?  (Read 132 times)

TheOddViking

Limit on how many cigarettes we can buy?
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:17:44 AM »

I'm a smoker and normally buy 6-8 packets a time. But, after the announcement of a price hike and until the old stock is sold, sale is limited to 2 packs a customer. That is how it is at 7-11 and that I'm used to.

So once the old stock is sold, back to buying bulk again. But, seemingly not this time. I can still only buy 2 packs a time at the local 7-11, even at the new high price, but since they know me, and since they are nice people, I'm allowed to buy 2 packs - 4 times, and with 4 separate payments.

Is there anyone who knows why? Are the government trying to control how much we smoke - and will the next limit be on booze?

Alfie

• Forum Guru
Re: Limit on how many cigarettes we can buy?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »

Are you saying that you think the buying limit of two packs at a time (possibly 4 times) will be permanent?

I'd have thought it was just temporary until the old stock has gone. The government has said they want to prevent hoarding of the old stock, which has less tax on it than the new stock.

See the "sin tax" thread. http://korat-farang.com/forum/index.php?topic=9245.0

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

TheOddViking

Re: Limit on how many cigarettes we can buy?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 12:28:16 AM »

I'd have thought it was just temporary until the old stock has gone. The government has said they want to prevent hoarding of the old stock, which has less tax on it than the new stock.

Exactly, that's what I thought. But after the old stock has gone I can still only buy 2 packs a time!

Unfortunately. my Thai is not the best so I'm not able to ask at the shop.
Pages: [1]