Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Post a Photo  (Read 6854 times)

Coolkorat

• Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Re: Post a Photo
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 05:09:20 PM »

Been in that London town this week. The area around Victoria Station has been developed over the last few years:

Then back to the IOM. Sorry, its the Tower of Refuge again... the moon was very photogenic, but using the zoom on the phone has dropped the image quality.

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »

Bonfire Night here last night. Most of the big bonfires and fireworks were on Friday and Saturday (the picture below is from Friday).

p.s. If you click on the photo you should get the bigger, true Instagram version. In the foreground, in the hi-viz jacket, is an IOM plod. Note the white helmet: the IOM police are the only force in the UK to wear white helmets.

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »

Last night my son took his grade 5 music theory exam. I was no help at all. I went and took photos of the shiny chimneys outside....

p.s. please click on the photo for the real version: the forum shows a low-res sample.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 08:21:22 AM »

In Bangkok, Wat Arun's main tower went through extensive restoration these past years, now completed. According to Wikipedia, not everybody likes the new look; but restores say that's as close as possible to the original look. I took this photo yesterday.

Village idiots unwelcome here

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »

It looks very nice. A lot nicer than when I went to it (many years ago).
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 09:59:10 PM »

It looks very nice. A lot nicer than when I went to it (many years ago).

I agree Alfie, I found it to be much better than before, too. The whole complex as seen from the river is so impressive, especially if with the good light, early morning. The photo above was taken too late, at around 10:30.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 06:00:19 AM »

Right CK - here's some photos - courtesy of the 'Guardian'.
Includes a couple getting married whilst hanging from a cliff face and one of Pres. Trump with the dreaded Duterte of the Phillippines  ???
A nice Gallery . .

https://www.theguardian.com/news/gallery/2017/nov/13/a-mountain-wedding-and-trump-in-the-philippines-mondays-best-photos
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 04:04:43 PM »

A nice Gallery . .

Amazing gallery: these 'best pictures' galleries are always great - the NYT has a great one. I particularly like the look on the face of the bride; not sure she thinks this is the most auspicious start to wedded bliss!

The weather here has been terrible for the last few days and restricted my pic taking. So I recycled one from earlier this year and ran it through some filters to give it punch. Sadly it's not my car: my friend sold his business and did rather well from it. He treated himself... This was at a 'supercar' meet; a tasty assortment of exotica turned up, including a wacky Ariel Nomad (http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/nomad/overview/). Now that's a car for Korat!

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2017, 04:10:38 PM »

The weather is not playing ball here. It is difficult to find good subjects when the light is dull!

This year is one of those milestone years: time for cake and celebrations! (I think the cake shop celebrated: nearly £40 on cake and macarons.....)

[PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO SEE THE ACTUAL INSTAGRAM VERSION: THE FORUM SHOWS A PREVIEW VERSION]

This was a grab shot on the way back to the car. This is the service alley: to the left are the backs of the hotels on the prom, to the right the backs of the shops on the main shopping street. To me, it embodies the reality of the past of British Victorian seaside towns: make sure the front looks fabulous, and forget what happens at the back.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »

Some flowers growing in and floating on a flooded field in Phimai a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:14:16 PM by Alfie »

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 04:22:42 PM »

Beautiful picture Alfie

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 04:28:29 PM »

I really like this time of year. Close to the winter equinox: the days are short, the light is limited, but on a good day the effect is beautiful. Taken this morning with my LG G5: the camera glass is cracked again...

P.S. note the moon in this; it wasn't until later that I realised the moon is there!

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »

This is a particularly lovely beach here: a hidden gem.

PLEASE remember to click the photo rather than just look at the forum version. The dreaded algorithms reduce the size you see.

Christmas is in full swing. The tree is about to go up in Castletown. This taken from under the illuminated trees:

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 10:51:36 PM »

PLEASE remember to click the photo rather than just look at the forum version. The dreaded algorithms reduce the size you see.

It must depend what device you use, CK, or the settings (algorithms?) on it because I get very large pictures on the forum and much smaller ones when I view the same images on Instagram. I'd estimate they are more than three times as big on K-F than on the Instagram pages. I'm using a laptop.

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 11:08:41 PM »

It must depend what device you use, CK, or the settings (algorithms?) on it because I get very large pictures on the forum and much smaller ones when I view the same images on Instagram. I'd estimate they are more than three times as big on K-F than on the Instagram pages. I'm using a laptop.

I'm using a laptop too Alfie: I see a bigger picture on the forum but it is a cropped one. I should have been clearer! I need to try with a square dimension Instagram picture to see if this fits. It may be that the Instagram button was written when it was only possible to post square photos to Instagram. What I meant was click the picture to see all the content.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »

I'm using a laptop too Alfie: I see a bigger picture on the forum but it is a cropped one.
What I meant was click the picture to see all the content.

The content is identical for me. I can see the full image on K-F. It is not cropped. It is just much larger on the forum.

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 03:23:23 PM »

I'm using a laptop too Alfie: I see a bigger picture on the forum but it is a cropped one.
What I meant was click the picture to see all the content.

The content is identical for me. I can see the full image on K-F. It is not cropped. It is just much larger on the forum.

It must be to do with my screen size then Alfie. Do you see the whole of your image of the flowers in the lake? I get a scroll bar at the bottom of that image and have to move across to see the image.

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »

I too have a scroll bar on that image
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 01:15:17 PM »

It must be to do with my screen size then Alfie. Do you see the whole of your image of the flowers in the lake? I get a scroll bar at the bottom of that image and have to move across to see the image.

I get a scroll bar for that image, but only for that image. I also had it another thread so I reduced the size of that image until it went away. I didn't want to do that for my image in this thread although it spoils it a bit. 

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2017, 06:54:37 PM »

Central Plaza, Korat, looking nice earlier this evening.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11