Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Post a Photo  (Read 4025 times)

Coolkorat

• Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Re: Post a Photo
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »

Early start this Saturday, in time to catch the sunrise:

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2018, 09:27:40 PM »

And some more:

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »

These from the south, at a place called The Chasms (because there are deep chasms in the rock, running to a very high cliff):

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
Fire in the Sky
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2018, 05:01:49 PM »

Hello CW. Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure that's a lovely photo, but I can't see it.

Like the name btw. Now we have a 'Cool' and a 'Calm' - that's good. Sometimes we need lotsa that on 'ere  ;)

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »

Hi Roger.

Finally made it!  The forum looks very busy (especially the topic on Trump  ;)).  I've been doing a lot of photography lately and would like to converse with others that share the art.

Cheers

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »

Test.  Let' see if this works. If it does.  Click on the pic to get a higher resolution view.

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2018, 06:26:33 PM »

These from the south, at a place called The Chasms (because there are deep chasms in the rock, running to a very high cliff):

Beautiful photos and composition! You have some stunning shots here.  Anxious to see more of your photos.  I got into the art about four years ago.  Since then, I've gradually upgraded my gear, etc.  Currently shooting with the Nikon D850. Lenses.  I have the Nikon trinity (all latest versions of the three), an 85mm 1.4 Nikkor, and 105mm Nikkor Micro.  I have to say, the new versions of the 24-70mm and 70-200mm Nikkor are simply amazing.  Definitely worth the bucks.  I paid 2,500 dollars for the 24-70 and close to 3,000 for the 70-200 and they were worth every penny of that. I'm still on the fence as to whether I should keep my Nikkor 14-24 2.8 and try out the new Tamron 15-30mm G2, which according to most reviews, blows away the Nikkor wide angle 14-24, and it has VR which the Nikkor does not.  Decisions decisions.

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2018, 06:43:10 PM »

Beautiful photos and composition! You have some stunning shots here.  Anxious to see more of your photos.  I got into the art about four years ago.  Since then, I've gradually upgraded my gear, etc.  Currently shooting with the Nikon D850. Lenses.  I have the Nikon trinity (all latest versions of the three), an 85mm 1.4 Nikkor, and 105mm Nikkor Micro.  I have to say, the new versions of the 24-70mm and 70-200mm Nikkor are simply amazing.  Definitely worth the bucks.  I paid 2,500 dollars for the 24-70 and close to 3,000 for the 70-200 and they were worth every penny of that. I'm still on the fence as to whether I should keep my Nikkor 14-24 2.8 and try out the new Tamron 15-30mm G2, which according to most reviews, blows away the Nikkor wide angle 14-24, and it has VR which the Nikkor does not.  Decisions decisions.

Thanks! I really enjoy getting out and shooting, but with the autumn light it's proving difficult.

That's a great set of gear you've got! I have a Fuji X-Pro2 with 23mm f1.4, Samyang 15mm f2 and a Leica 50mm on a Fuji adapter. I very rarely use the 50mm. I swapped to the X-Pro2 from a Fuji X-T1 and regret it: the lauded viewfinder is not easy to use with glasses. I'm also keen to try full frame (like your 850): both Nikon and Canon have launched full frame mirrorless but they are larger than the equivalent Sony mirrorless and I really value the compact size of the Fuji. However all these cameras are eye-poppingly expensive and I would need to get new lenses, so I'll stick with the Fuji for the moment!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2018, 06:50:02 AM »

Thanks! I really enjoy getting out and shooting, but with the autumn light it's proving difficult.

That's a great set of gear you've got! I have a Fuji X-Pro2 with 23mm f1.4, Samyang 15mm f2 and a Leica 50mm on a Fuji adapter. I very rarely use the 50mm. I swapped to the X-Pro2 from a Fuji X-T1 and regret it: the lauded viewfinder is not easy to use with glasses. I'm also keen to try full frame (like your 850): both Nikon and Canon have launched full frame mirrorless but they are larger than the equivalent Sony mirrorless and I really value the compact size of the Fuji. However all these cameras are eye-poppingly expensive and I would need to get new lenses, so I'll stick with the Fuji for the moment!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Nice gear as well!  What version of that Leica lens do you have?  Agree, about the blown out skies lately.  I love the D850 for it being so versatile.  I considered Sony in the past, but I have too much invested in Nikkor glass.  I'm somewhat disappointed that the new mirrorless Nikon has only one memory slot. Fuji is very nice and I've considered picking one up as well.

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2018, 06:52:01 AM »

Gonna try post a link with a photo.  Click on the photo for a better resolution..but not that much better.  I'll send you a link to my flickr which displays photos much better.  Some sunsets from my trip to Hawaii a week ago.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:03:11 AM by Calm Waters »

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »

Wow, great pictures CW. The difference when you click on them is noticeable. The Nikon has such a wide dynamic range and you can see it in the colours.

My Leica lens is a Summilux-M 1:1.4/50. I have a M6 body (with the .85 viewfinder). I also had a Contax T2 which I sold a couple of years ago, and which is now a cult camera! Probably worth double or triple what I sold it for!

I think you're right to stick with the Nikon and keep the Nikkor lenses: Nikon will keep refining the new mirrorless and the D850 has years of life in it. I'm sure the next version will have twin card slots, although I have these on the X-Pro2 and never use more than one. But with video becoming more important I can see the need for twin slots (and I have had cards corrupt).

rdrokit

• Rokits Pictures
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2018, 08:12:33 PM »

Don't do much photography anymore even though I majored in it in college. Probably because I don't travel very much anymore. Did shoot this one the other day when I was walking the dogs in the morning, Shot with my smart phone. Almost embarrassed to say that. lol

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2018, 09:55:18 PM »

Great photo: I'd like to see a black and white version too. Don't disparage your smartphone. Tim Clinch (Google him) has shot commissions with his phone.

It's a great photo with very good composition. Thanks for posting it.

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2018, 06:35:45 AM »

Wow, great pictures CW. The difference when you click on them is noticeable. The Nikon has such a wide dynamic range and you can see it in the colours.

My Leica lens is a Summilux-M 1:1.4/50. I have a M6 body (with the .85 viewfinder). I also had a Contax T2 which I sold a couple of years ago, and which is now a cult camera! Probably worth double or triple what I sold it for!

I think you're right to stick with the Nikon and keep the Nikkor lenses: Nikon will keep refining the new mirrorless and the D850 has years of life in it. I'm sure the next version will have twin card slots, although I have these on the X-Pro2 and never use more than one. But with video becoming more important I can see the need for twin slots (and I have had cards corrupt).

You're making me jealous now!  How is the X-pro2?  I was considering picking up a slightly used one.  Agree about video.  Unfortunately, this is where the D850 doesn't shine too bright.

Also, I figured if I put a link to a photo it will save board space, and if a member wants to see a higher resolution, they can simply click on the photo.

Cheers

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2018, 06:43:44 AM »

Don't do much photography anymore even though I majored in it in college. Probably because I don't travel very much anymore. Did shoot this one the other day when I was walking the dogs in the morning, Shot with my smart phone. Almost embarrassed to say that. lol

Hi Rd!  There is no shame in using a smart phone to take photos.  In fact, some of them are frankly, quite amazing, and given that a lot of people typically view photos online, most of the resolutions are quite acceptable.  Only the photographers that know what to look for will zero in on things like focus, noise, etc.  Please, continue to share photos from your mobile! 

*I love the pic of the cows (Great composition as Ck said!).  I've snapped a couple of photos of the animals around the city and country.  Here's a few. Nothing exciting, really.  These were shot with my old D810 (still a fine camera today). Click on the photo to see a better resolution.

rdrokit

• Rokits Pictures
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2018, 10:14:11 AM »

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Really like that guy swimming with the horse photo. One of a kind photo. I remember one of my photo teachers telling us on a free shoot assignment that he didn't want to see any sunset or photos of bums as he had seen too many of them so I am always looking for those one of a kind photos. lol

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »

I've enjoyed all these photos - my favourite is the Guy swimming with the horse  ;D

More of Hawaii would be great - any of the volcano ?

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2018, 03:17:25 PM »

I like the guy swinmming with the horse photo too, and also the horse and rider on the race track photo.
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2018, 04:26:29 PM »

I like the guy swinmming with the horse photo too, and also the horse and rider on the race track photo.

+1. I'm really enjoying these. You must have some great pictures too Alfie: did you ever get them printed?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9