Korat-Farang.com

Giant fish caught in Khon Buri

Anton · 6 · 464

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
In Lam Plai Mat, Khon Buri. They say it weighs over 300 kg. If I understand well they caught also a second one of about 150 kg.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kVCx37p4A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kVCx37p4A</a>
Village idiots unwelcome here

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
That's a monster - reminds me of an incident in Spain I read of a few years ago. A British woman fishing in the river hooked a 200 kg catfish that dragged her into the water and she drowned.

I was fishing from rocks at Ko Proet near Chantaburi yesterday and caught 3 fish - total weight about 1lb I'd guess. But a Thai Guy caught a largish ray that then gave birth to 5 babies on the quayside - we dropped them into the sea and away they swam !

Just a nice mackerel would do me nicely.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
In Lam Plai Mat, Khon Buri.

That's what they say in the news report, but I just found that Lam Plai Mat is not in Khon Buri district but in adjacent Soeng Sang district.

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I am pretty sure that Lam Plai Mat is in Buriram province
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I am pretty sure that Lam Plai Mat is in Buriram province

That's not the same Lam Plai Mat  :)

Offline soengsang

This is close to SoengSang, about 15km south from SoengSang.