Korat-Farang.com

LGBT lobbies rule - OK ?

Roger · 44 · 2010

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I must say all this stuff drives me a bit loopy. Maybe I'm a bit 'old school' on this front, taking a position of 'live and let live' although for me, this is a bit too much.  ::)
From the DT today - new questions to be routinely asked of Patients by the NHS :-

''It’s clear that spineless politicians, pathetically eager to be on-trend, are being manipulated by lobby groups such as the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Foundation, a “charity” reportedly behind the new NHS policy. The LGBT Foundation receives annual grants of £500,000 from local councils and £234,800 from the Department of Health to pay for such vital services as “fetish workshops” and a “trans changing room” with “free make-up” during the Manchester Pride festival. Nice to know our money is being well spent, eh?''

''Seriously. These people have got to be stopped before it’s too late''.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/will-spineless-politicians-love-affair-lgbt-ever-end/
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I must say all this stuff drives me a bit loopy. Maybe I'm a bit 'old school' on this front, taking a position of 'live and let live' although for me, this is a bit too much

Finally one issue on which I fully agree with you, and probably with the Torygraph in this case (I cannot access the whole article online). LGBT lobbies rule? No, not OK for me.

We discussed a similar topic 6 years ago, maybe someone remembers it: Tesco Backs Gay Festival. From what I remember I was the only one here, openly criticizing Tesco's choice at that time. I still consider same-sex marriage as a monstrosity as I pointed out in at least one other discussion on this forum.

This quote by a newly appointed Pope Francis, 4 years ago, is right on topic. The first line: I believe that when you meet a gay person, you should distinguish the fact of being gay from the fact of making a lobby...  ;)
Village idiots unwelcome here

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Anton does my link not get you into the full article ? (I pay for 'Premium' but maybe I can't link it). Thanks for your reply.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
If you're ever asked, tell them you are a jedi. That'll fox the buggers. Perhaps literally.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I must say all this stuff drives me a bit loopy. Maybe I'm a bit 'old school' on this front, taking a position of 'live and let live' although for me, this is a bit too much.  ::)
From the DT today - new questions to be routinely asked of Patients by the NHS :-

''It’s clear that spineless politicians, pathetically eager to be on-trend, are being manipulated by lobby groups such as the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Foundation, a “charity” reportedly behind the new NHS policy. The LGBT Foundation receives annual grants of £500,000 from local councils and £234,800 from the Department of Health to pay for such vital services as “fetish workshops” and a “trans changing room” with “free make-up” during the Manchester Pride festival. Nice to know our money is being well spent, eh?''

''Seriously. These people have got to be stopped before it’s too late''.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/will-spineless-politicians-love-affair-lgbt-ever-end/

Roger, I don't see anything in your post or from the limited text available from the Telegraph website about "new questions to be routinely asked of Patients by the NHS". Can you post them, please?
'You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Anton does my link not get you into the full article ?

No it doesn't, I see only 3 paragraphs entirely, until "...the only sane response"; 4th paragraphs fades away.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
OK I'll try to post the whole script :-

''Plans for my US book tour to promote How Hard Can It Be? are hotting up. Yesterday, I got an email from one event organiser. “I’ve been asked if you have any food allergies,” she wrote, “and what’s your personal pronoun of choice?”

Without pausing to consider, I replied: “I’m still identifying as a woman, but I’ll keep you posted.”

When I told a New Yorker friend about this exchange, she warned me: “Don’t make jokes about that binary stuff, even if you think they’re totally crazy.” Thus, it has been decreed that there shall be no laughing about the gender absurdities foisted on us by the cultural commissars, even though laughter is the only sane response.

What happens across the Atlantic soon travels here. Sure enough, the NHS has announced that, from 2019, it will be asking all patients aged 16 or over whether they are “straight, gay, bisexual or other” every time they visit a GP or a hospital. Medical professionals are instructed to keep a record of the patient’s answer and to make a note if they refuse to give one.

This despite recent findings by the Information Commissioner that a third of all NHS patient records are not secure. Jacob Rees-Mogg is spot on when he describes the plan as “intrusive and Orwellian”.
"Why should an elderly lady with a bladder infection be faced with such impertinence?"

A spokesman for NHS England explained: “All health bodies and local authorities with responsibility for adult social care are required under the Equality Act to ensure that no patient is discriminated against.” Fair enough – but if a doctor doesn’t know our sexual orientation, how can they possibly discriminate against us? By giving the authorities that information, doesn’t it make it much easier to discriminate – or am I missing something?

There were dark times, at the height of the HIV/Aids pandemic, when gay men needed to keep their sexuality a secret in order to get insurance or a mortgage. Many may feel uneasy being asked to come out at the surgery when they have just popped to the GP with a chest infection. If there is a medical reason for them to disclose their sexual orientation, there is nothing to stop them doing so now. Equally, why should an elderly lady with a bladder infection be faced with such impertinence?

“People do not have to answer the questions, and it will have no impact on the care they receive,” says NHS England. So what the hell is the point, then, other than permitting the state to meddle in people’s private business and to virtue-signal in a tedious and wasteful manner?

You can bet these attempts at social engineering won’t end there. The NHS is already looking into asking all patients whether they are transgender or “non-binary”. Yes, I know, Marjorie – we still think non-binary is the days the rubbish men don’t come. Oops, sorry, rubbish persons.

All this fuss, even though such people make up only the teeniest sliver of our population of 65.46 million. There are more Britons who keep guinea pigs than who identify as transgender. Yet a huge amount of social policy is being driven through to cater solely for the latter.

Dismayingly, Conservatives – whose instinct should be to resist change for change’s sake – are at the forefront of the lunacy. Education Secretary Justine Greening proposed a Gender Recognition Act to make it easier for adults to change their birth certificates at will.
"There are more Britons who keep guinea pigs than who identify as transgender"

“This Government is committed to building an inclusive society that works for everyone, no matter what their gender or sexuality,” Greening blathered. “We will [...] tackle some of the historic prejudices that still persist in our laws, giving LGBT people a real say on the issues affecting them.”

What about the rights of children not to wake up one day to find that the father on their birth certificate has never existed? Nobody seems to care about them in this brave new transgender world.

Earlier this month, the Office for National Statistics caused jaws to drop with the news that it was considering making it optional to say whether we are male or female at the next census in 2021. According to an internal report, the male/female question is “considered to be irrelevant, unacceptable and intrusive, particularly to trans participants, due to asking about sex rather than gender”. Justine Greening, the Education Secretary, proposed a Gender Recognition Act to make it easier for adults to change their birth certificates at will

Considered by whom? I doubt that the male/female question is considered irrelevant or unacceptable by most British people whose taxes pay, among other things, for the Office for National Statistics. Imagine all those future series of Who Do You Think You Are?, a hundred years’ hence, where the poor celebrity can’t even find out if their long-lost relative was a boy or a girl.

So, on the one hand, we have the ONS deciding that asking whether we are male or female for a vital census is intrusive, while the NHS is allowed to ask who we go to bed with.

It’s clear that spineless politicians, pathetically eager to be on-trend, are being manipulated by lobby groups such as the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Foundation, a “charity” reportedly behind the new NHS policy. The LGBT Foundation receives annual grants of £500,000 from local councils and £234,800 from the Department of Health to pay for such vital services as “fetish workshops” and a “trans changing room” with “free make-up” during the Manchester Pride festival. Nice to know our money is being well spent, eh?

It’s tempting to laugh. But what’s at stake here is nothing less than our millennia-old understanding of human beings. Organisations that should know better have allowed themselves to be infiltrated by a warped ideology that dares to call the fundamental truths of biological science lies. So terrified are people in power of accusations of “transphobia” that they increasingly allow a tiny minority to dictate to the majority.

The headmistress of the prestigious all-girls’ school, James Allen’s in London, admitted recently that she now refers to students as “they” rather than “she”, because she wants to avoid embarrassing or upsetting “those who might be considering a sex change”.

Seriously. These people have got to be stopped before it’s too late
''.

I hope that's ok.
Let me know if there's another DT script you'd like in full anytime. ATB

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
When I go the the dentist in UK I am asked to identify my ethnic group. I have asked why they need to know this but the receptionist had no idea. The ethnic groupings are also inconsistent as they include both Asian and Chinese. I leave this question unanswered including the decline to answer option. Tell 'em nowt!
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
The ethnic groupings are also inconsistent as they include both Asian and Chinese

That reminded me of this news report from last year: UK school pupil ethnicity question angers Italy - BBC

DISCLAIMER I don't intend this post as a critic to the UK in general or as an offence to anybody in this forum

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
OK I'll try to post the whole script :-

Thank you for the full text. Personally, I confirm I agree with it. Author is spot on in final paragraphs about "spineless politicians, pathetically eager to be on-trend", and about those grants of public money.

Perhaps she could have added that mainstream media are playing a big role in empowering those lobbies against those politicians: after all, it's them (the media) who decide what's trendy and what's not. From what I see, today there's not a TV series being produced without at least some homosexuality in it, not for reasons functional to the script, but only to be trendy, reach a larger public, sell better. And, in our "democratic" regimes, those politicians who have the spine to dare taking action against the lobbies, or (God forbid!) against those media that support the lobbies, are systematically and mercilessly pilloried by those same media. No wonder some people in power are "terrified" of possible accusations, as she writes at the end of the article.

I am for political correctness in general, but always applied with some grain and common sense. This ridiculous "sexism" issue is a widespread cancer by now. My Italian friends tell me that, in Italy, politician Laura Boldrini is trying or has tried to change rules of Italian grammar to make it less "sexist". Something similar is occurring also in France if I'm not mistaking.

Off topic and out of curiosity: I'm puzzled about use of expression "binary stuff" in the 3rd paragraph: Don’t make jokes about that binary stuff. Is that correct English? Shouldn't it be: "about that gender issue" or, in case, "about that non-binary stuff"?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Wiz - No offence but how do you mean that ? ATB

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
It's worth pointing out that completion of these forms isn't mandatory. I finished my career in local Govt in one of the most highly ethnically diverse areas of the Country. Pretty much everything sent out had the usual ethnicity questionnaire and it was estimated that about 90% were not returned or if part of a form needing completion, were left blank. The biggest respondents? White British. But form filling is in our DNA.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
It seems that Playboy magazine has been a victim of the LGBT lobby!

The latest issue of Playboy features a transgender playmate, a first in the magazine’s 64-year history.

Ines Rau poses fully nude in the November/December 2017 issue, which is also the first to hit newsstands following the death of the magazine’s founder, Hugh Hefner.

The 26-year-old model has been shot for the magazine before, however, this time around marks her debut as the first official transgender playmate, which means she will appear in a full pictorial and the iconic centrefold.

She appeared in Playboy’s May 2014 issue in a special A-Z edition, which championed a more progressive understanding of gender as non-binary.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/playboy-transgender-playmate-first-ever-magazine-ines-rau-a8008281.html

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
She appeared in Playboy’s May 2014 issue in a special A-Z edition, which championed a more progressive understanding of gender as non-binary

So the author of this article, a certain Olivia Petter, has no doubt about it: understanding gender as non-binary is PROGRESS. And that's the message the newspaper conveys to its audience. The possibility that, for some, maybe for many, it could be REGRESS doesn't even seem to cross their minds. A typical example of mass media supporting the lobby and driving public opinion towards a specific direction, more or less consciously, more or less covertly.

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
What are you suggesting  Anton? That transgender people should not be recognised or allowed to change gender? Surely the opinion that matters is the transgender persons themselves and not the opinions of right wing/ religious bigots.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
What are you suggesting  Anton? That transgender people should not be recognised or allowed to change gender?

These are your words not mine.

Surely the opinion that matters is the transgender persons themselves, and not the opinions of right wing/ religious bigots

Correct, and not Olivia Petter's opinion, either.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I actually don't get how "transgender" is non-binary. My understanding of binary is either one or the other. "Trans" means crossing or changing, so transgender is crossing from one gender to to another/changing gender. It would appear the playboy model changed from being a male to being a female. How is that non-binary?

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
I would suggest it is non binary by using the exampe of ladyboys or katoey who are often transgender. It takes a while to transition hence the term third gender sometimes used.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks for your reply Anton - good to agree on something at last !  ;)

I described my feelings on this as 'old school' - I can respect Gays and Lesbians BUT I do object to the hyper-lobbying that goes on and I don't want these matters thrust under my nose every day. Pushing these issues before young children is IMO not right - let kids be kids I say !

I agree with you about 'same sex marriage but see nothing wrong with 'civil partnerships'. I'm unsure about adoptions by L's and G's . . . .

Your comment in Reply 14 was a fair observation of the hysteria that all this lobbying creates - ''A typical example of mass media supporting the lobby and driving public opinion towards a specific direction, more or less consciously, more or less covertly.''

Teess your comments seem milder than usual - I hope you don't see my views as 'bigotry'. The trouble is, it's not generally OK to disagree with the new 'conventional wisdoms' created by mass media and the hyper lobbying.

AIMHO