Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bus accident in Dan Khun Tod  (Read 547 times)

Anton

• Forumphile
Re: Bus accident in Dan Khun Tod
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 10:44:01 PM »

Another bus accident on the same road, I believe, i.e. Road 201 (Sikhio-Chaiyaphum). This however in Chaiyaphum province, involving a bus with Nakhon Ratchasima plates. No fatalities but at least one seriously injured in the pick-up truck from what I understand. Video uploaded today.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F071b7hH5J4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F071b7hH5J4</a>

Village idiots unwelcome here

Anton

• Forumphile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 12:23:36 AM »

But World Atlas was simply borrowing figures from earlier research in 2013 released by the World Health Organisation that clearly placed Thailand as the deadliest spot on earth for road deaths.

And it seems that, inside Thailand, the deadliest province for road deaths is... Nakhon Ratchasima! At least according to a police officer who intervened today in a road-safety awareness meeting at The Mall Korat. So, it that's true, here in Korat we are living in the deadliest spot for road deaths in the world.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Pompui

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 05:16:44 AM »

But World Atlas was simply borrowing figures from earlier research in 2013 released by the World Health Organisation that clearly placed Thailand as the deadliest spot on earth for road deaths.

And it seems that, inside Thailand, the deadliest province for road deaths is... Nakhon Ratchasima! At least according to a police officer who intervened today in a road-safety awareness meeting at The Mall Korat. So, it that's true, here in Korat we are living in the deadliest spot for road deaths in the world.

Maybe.It is, supposedly, the second biggest province by population in Thailand though and the traffic in Bangkok is so slow that you don't get high speed accidents. It's also the gateway to Isan, so all the traffic funnels through Korat.
Live like you are dying

Coolkorat

• Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 05:12:07 PM »

So, if that's true, here in Korat we are living in the deadliest spot for road deaths in the world.

Difficult to know if Korat has that dubious distinction, but whether 100% correct or not we all know Korat does have awful road injury and deaths. I stayed in a condo development close to Maharat Hospital, and the ambulances were arriving in a convoy at certain times of the day. 
Pages: 1 [2]