Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rats farm in Sung Noen cannot meet demand  (Read 121 times)

Anton

• Forumphile
Rats farm in Sung Noen cannot meet demand
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:10:36 PM »

This news report uploaded today tells about a breeding farm in Sung Noen district, Nakhon Ratchasima, that had the idea to convert into breeding rats, and would now be overwhelmed by orders coming also from abroad. If I understand well their rats can weight up to 5-6 kg hg each, they also butcher the rats, and sell them for 200-250 THB per kg. If interested, they are on Facebook. Christmas is approaching, why not taste something different this year? :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjpNDUhhEw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjpNDUhhEw</a>
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:48:43 AM by Anton »
If thar’s one thing I hates worse than a nigger or a woman, it’s a Yankee. I’d hearn tell they couldn’t never mind their own bizness. I hates folks who can’t mind their own bizness (Archie in "Gone with the wind", ch. 42)

Alfie

• Forum Lover
Re: Rats farm in Sung Noen cannot meet demand
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »

Has anyone tried eating rat?
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »

This news report uploaded today tells about a breeding farm in Sung Noen district, Nakhon Ratchasima, that had the idea to convert into breeding rats, and would now be overwhelmed by orders coming also from abroad. If I understand well their rats can weight up to 5-6 kg each

500-600 grammes, Anton.

She said 5 to 6 "keet" (ขีด). 1 keet = 100g.
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Anton

• Forumphile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 04:43:16 PM »

500-600 grammes, Anton.

She said 5 to 6 "keet" (ขีด). 1 keet = 100g.

Ooops, thank you Alfie. We do see some rats bigger than others in the video, but 5 kg sounded excessive indeed. Maybe the bigger ones are those used for reproduction.
If thar’s one thing I hates worse than a nigger or a woman, it’s a Yankee. I’d hearn tell they couldn’t never mind their own bizness. I hates folks who can’t mind their own bizness (Archie in "Gone with the wind", ch. 42)

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 04:22:29 AM »

Yuk.

Alfie - my dog LeO used to catch the occasional rat when I lived at the Korat Resort a few years ago. The largest was around 9'' no kidding. Maybe a kilo ? I chucked the carcase onto a large bonfire pile, which when it was burnt out, revealed a nicely cooked lump which looked tasty enough ! Really ! But I didn't and certainly would never wish to eat one even from a farm or butcher. Quite a disgusting thought really. But I'm squeamish on that front.

Anton - I knew that rats are eaten - and snakes, squirrels etc. But B250 KG - crikey - I should think rats are easy to breed and that's a good price. Good business for some. But I'll never be a customer.  ::)

Pages: [1]