Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Picture Framing  (Read 114 times)

Hector

Picture Framing
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:03:57 PM »

Does anyone know of a good place where I can get some pictures framed - they are in fact tapestries about 2 ft square.

Anton

• Forumphile
Re: Picture Framing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »

Does anyone know of a good place where I can get some pictures framed - they are in fact tapestries about 2 ft square.

I know 2 workshops specialized in picture framing downtown, both on Suranaree Rd, on your left-hand side if coming from the 5-way intersection heading towards the central square. I'm quite sure both can handle your tapestries without problems.

The first, Saengtawee แสงทวี, you meet on a corner just after the Wat Pho compound. Tel. 044 243652. Not to be confused with the homonymous bed linen store (see here), or with Korat Saengtawee, industrial frames store located on Pho Klang Rd at the 5-way intersection.

The second, Sutthi Frame or Sutthi Groproop สุทธิกรอบรูป, a reference shop for locals, you meet 30 m. before the Suranaree-Buarong traffic light. It's a long and narrow shop you can access also from the rear side (on Buarong). Tel. 044 253031. They are on Facebook, see here. I annex a photo of inside Sutthi Frame that I found on the Web.

Many photographic shops downtown provide a framing service too, for example those around Yamo. They don't have their own workshop and only few if any samples to choose from on display. I'm not sure they can handle your tapestries, too. One of my friends uses Seerung Digital Studio, on Chainarong Rd near the crossing with Sanprasit Rd. Tel. 083 7276352 and 082 3804181.

I annex Placemarks for the 3 shops mentioned here.
If thar’s one thing I hates worse than a nigger or a woman, it’s a Yankee. I’d hearn tell they couldn’t never mind their own bizness. I hates folks who can’t mind their own bizness (Archie in "Gone with the wind", ch. 42)

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 04:54:51 PM »

You can get picture framing done in Phimai but as you don't live far away I assume you've already visited them but couldn't get what you want done. 
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Hector

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »

Thanks to both of you for the advice.  I'll check out Korat.  Alfie, where in Phimai?  I know of one place almost opposite the 'Green' bank, but it can't do much.

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »

One place is near the Phimai Hotel and the old bus station. Here's a Google map street view of the shop.

Mrs Alfie says the shop called "jeng Jeng" also does framing (Google maps street view) and also says there is another place near Hokkee supermarket.
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Hector

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 02:43:52 PM »

Thanks.
Pages: [1]