Korat-Farang.com

Thai boxing

John Doe · 8 · 306

Offline John Doe

Does anybody where I can find a Thai boxing school in Korat?

TIA

Online Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum

I have only one suggestion for you John: did you try asking at the Thai boxing stadium yet?
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline John Doe

I have only one suggestion for you John: did you try asking at the Thai boxing stadium yet?

Where is the "Thai Boxing Stadium" Anton?

Online Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Where is the "Thai Boxing Stadium" Anton?

I was told it's the building just behind old Big C downtown, circled in this photo taken from Terminal 21's tower. I don't know about their opening times though, each time I pass by during daytime it always seems to be closed. I know there's a nightlife pub in there too.

Offline John Doe

I pass that building several times per week.
But it looks always empty.
There is (or used to be) also a Coyote bar in that building.
I will go there tomorrow and ask if the Boxing Stadium is still open.
Thanks

Online Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I pass that building several times per week.
But it looks always empty.
There is (or used to be) also a Coyote bar in that building.
I will go there tomorrow and ask if the Boxing Stadium is still open.

This evening I was at Big C already, so I passed by there to see if I could get some useful info for you John. I found that if you go in daytime you should try a door on the western side of the building (side looking towards Big C) that is located just where those people are sitting in this photo I took there tonight. You see a thin slice of that door in the yellow circle. Those people sitting there assured me that if you go there tomorrow morning at around 11:00 am you will find someone who can answer your questions. I tried to point at that door also on a cropping of the photo I posted today, although the door itself is covered in that photo.

PS: That coyote bar is called "Go Tho Mo" ก.ท.ม and is listed on this page about Korat's night life, under "Coyote Bars in Korat". Tonight it was closed.

Online Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum

John probably you already found what you were looking for. Anyway this Youtube channel offers videos of a Thai boxing training camp for kids, organized and run by Somjit Jongjohor, already mentioned in this post. See the "Torsilachai Muaythai" playlist.

They say the venue is the "old Thai boxing camp" in Korat. They give two mobile phone numbers: 0815484653 and 0898441210.

Offline John Doe

I found a Thai Boxing school already Anton.
But I look for a better school.
The teacher is a nice guy and straight forward.
The Thai boxing school is located at the Suranaree military camp (14.967211,102.1004427).
Thank you for the additional information.