Korat-Farang.com

English cricket in ashes . . . .

Roger · 72 · 3065

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Kev you &%$# !!!  You are only saying that - because it's true  ;)  Until tomorrow.

I thought booing Smith wasn't a great idea even though he was a cheating git like Atherton and who knows else ? But it's a great game and a tradition in the greatest rivalry of all sport, so lets keep it like, friendly enemies.

Oy oy oy and well done you OZ &%$#  SO FAR. ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Kev,

I heard a rumour that at 29-2, Australia's last two batsmen are at the wicket  ;)

It'd be great to see England level the Series - but there's still that bl**dy Smith to deal with.

ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Ah I forgot Matthew Wade - 117 well done him, Steve Smith, Labuschagne  and the Oz bowlers for taking the Ashes home. Great to see England square the series - let's hope Jofra Archer can stay fit for a decade - up to 96mph yesterday - frightening  :o

BIG mistake to put England into bat  ::)

Have we seen the last of Jimmy Anderson ?

Online Kev

• KFers in Korat
Well done yep even stevens, you b&%-#y poms did well in the last test. :-)

Online Teessider

• No metropolis without Ironopolis
Some positives for England,
Rory Burns has proved to be an effective opening bat
Jofra Archer is ready to take over from Jimmy
Stuart Broad is as good as ever
Jonny Bairstow at least showed his prowess as a keeper even if his batting disapponted.

For the Aussies,
Steve Smith was magnificent
Pat Cummins superb
Marcus Labuschagne another success
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
England Test performances seem to be an uphill battle more often than not !   :-[

"England were crushed by New Zealand as the tourists lost the first Test by an innings and 65 runs at the Bay Oval. Resuming on 55-3, England needed to bat through the day to save the Test but were bowled out for 197 with 21.4 overs remaining in Mount Maunganui."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/50541533

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat

Online dam12641

"Punishment for the rugby I would say"
Yeah, after what we did to them in the Rugby WC, the Cricket ODI WC, I guess we kind of had it coming from the Kiwis.

They did us, fair and square. It's a shame there is only one more Test to enjoy in this series.

Online Teessider

• No metropolis without Ironopolis
Win the toss, bat through the first day losing only 4 wickets. Lose by an innings. Only Stokes seemed to have the commitment needed. Big improvement needed for next test.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I was looking for Geoffrey and here he is . . .

"Joe Root got out to a bowler little better than me" - yes GB - was that then or now  ;)

"It is no good talking a good game before the match and then saying after defeat that you will take the positives. If I hear that one more time I am going to scream."  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I agree.

"In the New Zealand innings (Joffra Archer) he bowled 42 overs which is more than any of the other seamers. Only the spinner, Jack Leach, bowled more overs than him."   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  That is stupid  :o

Time for Root to step aside and Silverwood - he's not gonna do it IMHO.

Dam - know where you are coming from but just wait until WE play S. Africa  ;)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2019/11/25/joe-root-got-bowler-bit-better-englands-batting-against-new/

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
JUST AS England were going to smash the Kiwis - down came the rain   ;)

Michael Vaughan in the DT - an excellent poser for the next Ashes.

"" ""What did we learn from this series against New Zealand? Not very much. It just reinforced what we already know. When bowling in conditions in Australasia with the Kookaburra ball England do not look like taking 20 wickets. "" ""

Worth a read and get Bairstow back please . . .  :-\

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2019/12/04/englands-bowling-weak-link-leach-broad-anderson-not-going/