Korat-Farang.com

Promises not to be grumpy anymore . . .

Roger · 12 · 911

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Recently I read that Prime Minister Prayuth had resolved 'not to be so grumpy' when dealing with Journalists. I just noticed this in the Guardian - Mmmmm . . . 

''Thailand’s prime minister has found a novel way to avoid journalists’ questions: producing a life-sized cardboard cutout of himself and telling the reporters to quiz it instead of him. At a press conference in Bangkok, Prayuth Chan-ocha appeared ready to take questions but then supervised an aide as the cutout was installed. “If you want to ask any questions on politics or conflict,” he then told reporters, “ask this guy.”

He then turned on his heel and walked off, leaving the mock-up behind, to bemused looks and awkward laughter from the government house media pack
.''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/09/thai-pm-prayuth-chan-ocha-cardboard-cutout-avoid-journalists-questions
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The cardboard cut out will probably make more sense than anything uttered by the real McCoy.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Caller that's very naughty  ;)
It is odd though ain't it ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
''In just a few days, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has taken a tonne of ridicule about new regulations for media coverage. A 14-point set of so-called guidelines was issued to the press on Friday, especially...''

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1516394/retract-the-14-silly-rules?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
''The annual military reshuffle has seen the appointment of assistant army chief Gen Apirat Kongsompong as the new army chief -- a position perceived to be critical to smoothing the way for Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to reclaim his premiership and stay on in power after the next election.''   :-\

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1532774/army-reshuffle-sees-loyalists-appointed?

And I thought this was fun - whilst the USA population 360 million has military of 1.281 million and 900 Generals and Admirals, Thailand with 66 million population and 350 K military, has 1700 Generals and Admirals.

::) that's 7 times more at the 'Top' - (USA 1:1423 and Thailand 1:205).

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/postbag/1532862/too-many-generals?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
This might make the PM grumpy and understandably too ! These bad boy Rappers and those who upload it and even those who share it should be careful. 

Video draws a million hits, but the 10 indie rappers may have to face charges.

''EVEN THOUGH the hottest rap single, “Prathet Ku Mee...” (My Country’s Got...), hit No 2 in the YouTube Thailand chart on Wednesday, the popular anti-junta refrain might still land the Rap against Dictatorship group in trouble, the nation’s top cop warned on Friday. The music video, featuring rappers having a go at the ruling junta, had been watched close to a million times on Facebook and YouTube as of Wednesday – less than 24 hours since its release.

The clip was watched 1.7 million times as of press time on Friday, prompting authorities to warn the artists that they may be summoned for “attitude adjustment” and face the charge of putting false information into cyberspace, as per the Computer Crimes Act. The single was initially released on October 14, marking the 45th anniversary of the October 1973 uprising, but it only became popular this week when the music video was released, featuring 10 well-known underground rappers who adopted different aliases to maintain their anonymity.

The idea for the track took form more than six months ago, with graffiti artist Alex Face creating the album cover depicting a cartoon-like creature in the pose of August Rodin’s “Thinker” inside the “Gate of Hell”, also by Rodin. Created by four directors, the music video depicts the historic October 6, 1976 image of a corpse hanging from a tree in Sanam Luang. The performers, wearing masks, hit the corpse in time to their beat and are watched by a crowd of young people
.''

http://www.nationmultimedia.com

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Promises not to be grumpy anymore   ;)   How's that going then Boss ?

''Angry PM's martyr act is wearing thin - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha's latest outburst challenging people to oust him if they dare is not his first display of vulgarity, but it could be one that takes the heaviest political toll on him and his attempt to return for a second term. Like a sharp ray of sunlight, the PM's expletive seems to have jolted people dazed by months of air pollution into awareness. Suddenly, they are once again aware of what kind of leader PM Gen Prayut is. They see that when the going gets tough, PM Gen Prayut gets angry. And as his fury rises, he makes his signature move of attempting to float above the above the problem while spreading the blame on everyone else except his own regime.''

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1623762/angry-pms-martyr-act-is-wearing-thin?utm_source=enewsletter_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=opinion

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
''Prayut sings his praises on 'non-political' Isan outing ''

As this IS obviously NOTHING to do with the coming election, I thought I'd post this lovable pic of our crooning PM and his words of praise . . . .

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1644204/prayut-sings-his-praises-on-non-political-isan-outing?utm_source=enewsletter_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=news

Truly - NOT grumpy anymore - YET  ;)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
"Some of more than 500 New Year cards sent by children across the country to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha turned out to be wishes for the PM to restrain his hot temper and smile more."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1830654/kids-wish-for-less-angry-pm?

Online dam12641

Mmmmm. Maybe we should have a vote on who believes such stories.
Reminiscent of Chairman Mao and/or N Korean Kims.
(and also letters to Santa Claus)

Thx Rog, just thought I would post a reply to show you aren't just posting to yourself!
HNY

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks Dam - good to know there's life on earth   ;)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Obviously not grumpy anymore but nevertheless, I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw this event on TV. But a good idea to take the mask off  ;)

"BANGKOK — Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha apologized Friday for spraying reporters with alcohol while being questioned by the press earlier in the week.

At the Royal Thai Police Headquarters Friday, Prayut apologized for spraying reporters with sanitizing alcohol after the Tuesday cabinet meeting.

“Usually I joke around with reporters like this. I won’t do it again and will follow the rules. Sorry, I guess,” he said.

When pressed on the fact that international news outlets picked up on the story, the general changed his tone to a ngon one – a mix of pouty disappointment.

“Well, who was the one who distributed that footage? I was just teasing you. I’ve resolved never to joke around with you again. End of story,” he said angrily.

If you get alcohol into your eyes, you should flush your eyes as soon as possible after contact.

Popular Facebook parenting page “Take Kids With Us” wrote on Friday that Prayut’s behavior is an example of how pooyai in Thai society bully people in less senior positions under the guise of a joke.

“Pooyai” means adults, but it can also refer to influential people or individuals that demand respect from those inferior to their standing."

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/03/12/prayut-sorry-for-spraying-reporters-with-alcohol/