Korat-Farang.com

Korat Weather Reports - Please Post You Reports Here .

Guest · 57 · 2032

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
There has been excess water near the police station in Pimai for a few days and today I passed houses not too far from it that are flooded. A few other houses have been flooded for a week or more. The river is really at its limit in some places and at other places water has spilled over.

Today and yesterday (maybe before that, I don't know), in the town centre near the town clock, a distribution point has been set up to help people affected by floods. Here's a photo of it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

melyianna

dry today here in dan kwian / chok chai.

i heard there was flooding at some point during the last week (here in dan kwian) while i was in bangkok. how are things in the city today? i need to go mail some packages today or tomorrow and do some grocery shopping.

melyianna

any recent info on korat? no flooding, right?
what about stock levels at big c, tesco, etc?
i need to buy rice, water, and dog and cat food...

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Is the Chok Chai to Khonburi road flooded ?
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

melyianna

i heard phimai and other areas of korat are expected to flood soon. any news?
we're still dry here in dan kwian/chok chai

Offline yogibear111

My sister-in-law says our house, which is in Tambol Thachang, Ampher Chalumpphakeiat (off the 227) is still dry. However, villages next to us closer to the river are having flooding.

Are the floods nearing a peak or is there more to come ? Seems to have been going on for ages.

melyianna

it HAS been going on for quite a while.
major flooding expecting in all 50 districts of bangkok tonight with higher water levels over the weekend due to the tides.

i'm not sure about korat. i thought we were doing ok this year and then i heard today that the news said phimai is going to flood or.. maybe is already flooded? alfie? are you ok up there?

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
OK up here, Mely. No change. The water level is still very high but it doesn't seem to be increasing. It's not really decreasing either - it's stable. It has been like this for a week or two or more, but it did peak a week ago and spilled a bit here and there. But as far as I have seen, flooding here has been limited and fairly minor. Anyway, if Phimai floods, you'll know about it a few days before me because somewhere else will flood first - Pak Tong Chai or Korat, for example! The water flows eastwards (and ENE) along the Moon River wending it's way towards the Mekong at Ubon (IIRC).

melyianna

OK up here, Mely. No change. The water level is still very high but it doesn't seem to be increasing. It's not really decreasing either - it's stable. It has been like this for a week or two or more, but it did peak a week ago and spilled a bit here and there. But as far as I have seen, flooding here has been limited and fairly minor. Anyway, if Phimai floods, you'll know about it a few days before me because somewhere else will flood first - Pak Tong Chai or Korat, for example! The water flows eastwards (and ENE) along the Moon River wending it's way towards the Mekong at Ubon (IIRC).

glad to hear you're ok. when thai husband told me this morning that phimai was expected to flood, i was worried about you, Alfie.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

glad to hear you're ok. when thai husband told me this morning that phimai was expected to flood, i was worried about you, Alfie.

Aw. That's sweet. Thanks, Mely.  :)

Offline yogibear111

Orchid - Thanks for posting the videos. Did it say which villages ? We're in Baan Kram. I'm not sure what the villages are that are next to us but my wife will know.

Orchid

Orchid - Thanks for posting the videos. Did it say which villages ? We're in Baan Kram. I'm not sure what the villages are that are next to us but my wife will know.

It didn't say the name of the villages.

Regarding the news from Tha Chang Sub-District Municipality. Today Korat Governor visited flooding area in Tha Chang Sub-District, Chaloem Phra Kiat District. It's reported the villages affected by flooding in Tha Chang are..

Ban Sam Kwai             (95 houses affected )
Ban Nong Bua Ree       (18 houses affected )
Ban Ta Kud Khon         (99 houses affected )
Ban Mai                      (24 houses affected )
Ban Non Mai Dang Nua  (93 houses affected )

http://www.tachangkorat.go.th/activity/acti.php?id=48

Offline yogibear111

Thanks Toddy and Melyianna. I was on the previous version of KF so have posted for a while. Living in the UK for now but have a house In Baan Kram. Will be out in July/Aug next year. Known to visit Friends Bar and The Ram on occasions !

The villages mentioned look to be closer to the big bridge over the river bend. Near the restaurant with huge lizards that swim back and forward. I don't drive so know my way about by landmarks. Need to learn the language when I return on a permanent basis.

I see reports on TV that water receding in Bangkok so hopefully it will calm down soon - then just the mess to sort

thanks again for the info.