Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A break (beach) from Korat.  (Read 176 times)

toront500

A break (beach) from Korat.
« on: February 25, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »

Guys

Where do/would you drive to for a breakaway at the beach.  Rayong or Hua Hin/Cha-am or other.

It’s a long time since we went to Rayong and last week we stayed in Cha-am.  I’m not sure but I think Hua Hin/Cha-am has more to offer.

We are currently in Khao Lak, well worth the 3 days driving for an annual holiday but it’s definitely not a spur of the moment thing.

Cheers

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re: A break (beach) from Korat.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 07:45:59 PM »

Hi Toront - as you mention Rayong, the most special place I have heard of, is Ban Saray. Same area but a fishing 'village' and plenty of hotels and restaurants. I have a Friend in Korat who visits there frequently - loves it and is on the verge of buying a Condo !

Just MO, but travelling from Korat, Kho Chang is just 400 km compared to Cha am 500 km - or on the way, Laem Sing or Chao Lao near my Chantaburi home. A Pal in Korat stays at the Chai Chet resort on Kho Chang and recommends it highly.

But if you are stopping off on the way back from Khao Lak, Hua Hin - I like Pak nam Pran about 20 km south of HH, or Cha am. Enjoy. Off to watch THE footy ! :)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]