Korat-Farang.com

Major war coming soon?

Alfie · 45 · 1400

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Alfie. You need to explain yourself a little - not just repeat silly jibes from Caller. So your point to me is ?

Accurate more like, but from elsewhere.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
One as a 'Solid' Member and one a Forum 'Lover' - you two should know better.

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Some interesting photos in the DT and some 'draw asides' which show the damage to the installations in Syria.

Also the comment, ''State-controlled Syrian TV claimed Syrian air defenses shot down 13 missiles fired in the attack''

Just 13 missiles out of 100 or so shot down ? Syrian TV has no reason to downplay the number shot down, reported elsewhere as high as 70 %.

13 it is then . . . ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/15/satellite-pictures-show-damage-done-western-strikes-assad-chemical/
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
If there was a prize Roger, for missing the point so many times, you would be the undisputed World Champion.

Roger. I worked out a while ago you're either being deliberately obtuse, or just being a bit thick

You have a wonderful ability to miss the point or go off on a tangent with little or no bearing to what is being discussed.

So your point to me is ?

:D
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online Pompui

Major war coming soon.........................................................on K-F  ;D
Live like you are dying

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Major war coming soon.........................................................on K-F 

I was thinking the same..........methinks time to agree to disagree and leave it at that
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I understand the points you were making Alfie, in your Replies 10/15 - it seems this attack has been handled 'carefully'. But as I observed fairly enough, it's not nice being under one of those 87 ? missiles.

Caller's reply 14 makes a similar analysis. OK. That's what seems to have happened broadly.

But I am not alone in asking why 499,930 deaths don't generate action from the USA, UK and France but 70 deaths do ? I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion on this point in Parliament today, so maybe we can discuss it some more tomorrow.

TW - if you are following this - It seems the OPCW are in Douma now so maybe they will be able to confirm (or otherwise), the use of chemical weapons before too long.

Thanks Pompui. Yes I thought the Header was prophetic  ;)  ATB
And thanks too Jivvy. Don't worry - there's always room for more than one train of thought . . . . ATB

Alfie and Caller - I'm sure you would have loved to hear Claire Short on Radio 5 today - asking exactly the question that I have above. She won't be alone today. Also heard some pretty sober views that now this is 'over', that Assad will now probably act even more ruthlessly in the remaining rebel enclaves, using the usual horrendous range of barrel bombs, cluster bombs etc. And maybe chemical weapons again.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Win win in fact . . . .

But for who and for what   ::)

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
Major war coming soon.........................................................on K-F 

I was thinking the same..........methinks time to agree to disagree and leave it at that

Was thinking the same too...

caller you describe Roger to a T ::)
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Yes I am following Roger. Today Russia/Syria gave the go ahead for investigators to inspect the "chemical attack" site. I feel sure that if there was any clear proof of the attack, the inspectors would not be allowed in.
I fear the worst, the west has gone ahead with the missile attack without real proof of a chemical attack.

I now have real doubts about the Skripals mystery.

One thing is for sure, in this modern world, it is becoming increasingly difficult to know who to believe. As my Grandfather used to say "believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see".

The west is waging a propaganda war with Russia. I see all this as a precurser to a military attack on Russia - reason ? Russia has got loads of oil and gas.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi TW, the latest I can find is that the OPCW will not be allowed to enter the affected areas until Wednesday - that's odd - why the delay ? Is there an attempted clean up going on ? Also found this on the BBC website :-

''Syrian medical sources say bodies were found foaming at the mouth, and with discoloured skin and cornea burns. US sources said they had obtained blood and urine samples from victims which had tested positive for chlorine and a nerve agent.''

Myself, I think it 'highly likely' that chemical weapons were used in Douma. (Neither do I doubt that the Skripals were attacked).

We'll soon know, assuming the OPCW are allowed in and that, the evidence has not been muddled. What a shambles eh ?

Nothing can be ruled in or out I suppose . . .

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Derek.
Thanks for the shot. Consider more.
I note you were earlier quite concerned about developments yourself and hoping that 'Putin would be in a good mood'.

In a strong first post, Alfie wrote :-
''To me this will likely mean striking US ships in the Mediterranean Sea or elsewhere. This will mean the loss of life of possibly thousands of US serviceman and will lead to a major war, IMO.''
I think most of us were concerned about escalation.

Have a look back at the thread and you will see that discussion went amicably until Reply 18 in response to my Reply 17.

Anyway, I'm sure we are all glad that we'll not be conscripted now  ;)

Would that have been 'Dad's Army' No. 2 ?    :)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Alfie. I can't see why you have been so animated by my 'tongue in cheek' comment about the missiles in Reply 17, in which I also pointed Caller towards the wider comments by Robert Fisk.

With respect, I find it strange now, that you have resorted to repeating comments from Caller, in another thread, considering at the time you yourself had dissented to Caller :-

''My impression is that you are not calm at all in the Corbyn/anti-semitic thread and you are getting confused in this thread''.

I think your Reply 23 is not helpful.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi TW. Regarding your alternative theory re. the Douma gas attack.

Who knows indeed ?  8)

Have a look at this Independent script I noticed on Yahoo.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/search-truth-rubble-douma-one-202500065.html

Let's hope the OPCW will be able to verify some truth soon  :-\

(Guys this is just for info. and discussion.)

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Interesting piece from Yahoo Roger.
The more I hear about this so called attack the less likely I am to believe it happened.

Many people huddled in a basement. An orthodox shell hits above, dust and heavier gases such as carbon dioxide (and other products of a shell exploding) sink into the basement and cause breathing difficulties. Some idiot shouts gas and all hell lets loose with panic and mass hysteria setting in. Local anti Assad folks film the resulting mayhem and use it for propaganda purposes
I’m afraid the west has been duped. Luckily our bombing attacks did not kill many people.

We should have waited until independent bodies verified that Chlorine/sarin had been used. Sounds like Iraq all over again - when will our leaders learn.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
TW. The OPCW go in tomorrow. Will they find proof ? If they don't - is that because evidence has been cleaned up. Will we ever know ?

Fair enough for you to look at it as you do. I tend to think otherwise that CW might have been used - over some years Assad seems to have a history.

Meantime - is a 'major war' coming soon. Hopefully not !

Watch this and all spaces.  ::)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
TW - I read somewhere that a container of the type used for CW, was seen dropped on the roof of where the casualties were hiding, in the cellar.

This Guardian report seems to confirm attempts at a cover up :-

''The head of the largest medical relief agency in Syria claims that medics who responded to the suspected gas attack in Douma have been subjected to “extreme intimidation” by Syrian officials who seized biological samples, forced them to abandon patients and demanded their silence. Dr Ghanem Tayara, the director of the Union of Medical Care and Relief Organisations (UOSSM) said doctors responsible for treating patients in the hours after the 7 April attack have been told that their families will be at risk if they offer public testimonies about what took place.

A number of doctors who spoke to the Guardian this week say the intimidation from the regime has increased in the past five days, a timeframe that coincides with the arrival in Damascus of a team from the Organisation for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which aims to determine whether chemical weapons were used. All the medics insisted on anonymity, citing the fear for their lives and those of their families
.''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/17/syria-crisis-medics-intimidated-over-douma-gas-attack

Will there be any evidence around for the OPCW today ?
Who knows ? ATB

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
Hi Derek.
Thanks for the shot. Consider more.
I note you were earlier quite concerned about developments yourself and hoping that 'Putin would be in a good mood'.

Well my concern must have been noted by Putin as he didn't retaliate.

What shot have I taken? I merely agreed with caller's post.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Derek I guess we are lucky that Putin was in a good mood ! Or maybe Putin is mindful of the prestige of the World Cup to lift Russia's tarnished image in the World . . .

Re. ''he didn't retaliate''. Revenge is a dish best eaten cold - I'd add the word 'yet' to that comment . . . . Watching clips of an uncowed Assad prancing around - more CW attacks cannot be ruled out - can Russia control him ? So far they've not been able to.

What happens then ?
Another set of attacks will surely trigger some strong retaliation.
It's not over yet.

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
Derek I guess we are lucky that Putin was in a good mood ! Or maybe Putin is mindful of the prestige of the World Cup to lift Russia's tarnished image in the World . . .

Re. ''he didn't retaliate''. Revenge is a dish best eaten cold - I'd add the word 'yet' to that comment . . . . Watching clips of an uncowed Assad prancing around - more CW attacks cannot be ruled out - can Russia control him ? So far they've not been able to.

What happens then ?
Another set of attacks will surely trigger some strong retaliation.
It's not over yet.

I very much doubt that Russia want to control Assad.

He serves his purpose as a thorn in the side of the West.

What happens next? Common sense would be a climb down by both DT and VP but I doubt either of the main protagonists have much of that.

It's only over when the fat lady sings :D