Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Train Bkk to Chiang Mai  (Read 296 times)

Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Train Bkk to Chiang Mai
« on: July 09, 2018, 04:58:22 PM »

I have a friend and his daughter coming to LoS in November and they are keen to go from Bkk to Chiang Mai by train.  I gather that the night sleepers Numbers 9 and 10 are the best and that a first class sleeper cabin is what one should get.  I have never done the trip, but I would be grateful for advice/tips etc from any of you who has done it.

Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Re: Train Bkk to Chiang Mai
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »

OK. Ignore.  He has discovered that all First Class sleepers are taken for the date he needs one.  Going by air now.

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:48:53 AM »

OK. Ignore.  He has discovered that all First Class sleepers are taken for the date he needs one.  Going by air now.
There seems to be an acute shortage of the First Class sleeper carriages.....Quite often its missing off the BKK-Nong Khai train even though they sell tickets for it.
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

waterheart

• Solid Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 10:14:35 AM »

Dear All,
I'm really sorry that I didn't see this post and late to give you some information.
I was taking tourists travel from Bangkok to Chiangmai on last November during Loy kratong Festival.
A sleeper train has 12 rooms (2 person/room) , so only 24 persons for 12 private rooms. 
Train#9 leave 18:10 ; very new , clean and comfortable but leave Bangkok very early.
Train#13 leave 19:35 ; not new , clean enough... feel that take it just get destination BUT (on ticket wrote " car " , or you call it Bogie) , this car is at end of train as private area ;) You can see Khun tan Tunnel because this train#13 will pass Lampang and go through tunnel around 7:35am.... [ Train#9 get this tunnel at 6:00 , still dark in November]   

The 12 private rooms are at end of train with closed door separate from other classes , the guard will often come to take care you politely with English. Room is clean, cold, blanket in plastic, 2 bottles of water, plug for charger. There are 2 towels but you share shower room and toilet for 24 persons. ;D 

Many foreigners go by 2nd class sleeper train. Thai people, monks and some foreign couples go by private room. I recommend you to book very...very early (3 months booking advance) , They are full very quickly. I missed Train#9,Train#13 on the day we wanted ... so we must change to another day instead. Better to go booking at any train stations (online system)

The cost of a bed in private room's train equal a seat of ticket flight = 1200-1600 baht

I hope that it's good information for your next travel in Thailand  ;D

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:44:54 AM by waterheart »
Long live to long learn
Pages: [1]