Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Premier League and other football chat - 2018-2019  (Read 3049 times)

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re: Premier League and other football chat - 2018-2019
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2019, 06:50:26 AM »

Thanks for that Alfie - on the Fans Forum I recall a post that since GJ arrived in September, Torquay have won 23 out of 30 ? If that's correct it's a remarkable 75% win rate and although it's level 6, there's always 2 teams out there  ;)

85 points in the bag with 88 goals scored - Champions with 3 games to go  :D

I noted this on the Fan's Forum recently :-

Post by Swatcat ยป 04 Apr 2019, 06:24
''One of the heart-warming aspects of Torquay's brilliant Gary Johnson era this season, is a turnaround for your local boy Jamie Reid. Having hit 30 goals now his fan rating will be 'off the scale', vis the early criticism he received. Well done GJ but most of all - well done Jamie. To pick yourself up after all that 'approbation' shows some real strength of character. Never look back now Jamie !''

When GJ arrived, Reid had been the subject of much vilification - Reid is a forgiving Fellow - having already signed for next season . . .

Alfie ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:54 AM »

I wonder if Teess got to see Sunderland score 4 at home this weekend only to lose the game 4-5. Ouch !   :(   If Barnsley grab the automatic promotion, that'll be a good opportunity down the drain for Sunderland.

Good Luck against a lively Doncaster Friday !
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Teessider

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »

Not at the game Roger, but following events on Soccer Saturday with Jeff Stelling. Went behind 4 times in the game for first home defeat. The game v Donny is on Sky Friday so hope to see them bounce back. Then we play Portsmouth in which I hope they can get revenge for our Wemnley loss on pens.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Robert

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2019, 03:37:52 PM »

Juventus - Ajax: 1 -2. The fairy tale continues...... ;D ;D ;D

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2019, 05:47:22 PM »

Hi Robert and well done Ajax - I have a Dutch Pal in Dan Kwian and he is over the moon with Ajax atm. Last time I saw him, he observed that when the season ends, Ajax will as usual, lose their best Players to the big money European Clubs - that's sad - so it'll be good IF they can lift the Champions League this time  ;)

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2019, 08:34:22 PM »

Robert - just for you . . . .

''This is a love letter, a tribute to a team that has made me fall in love with football again and a club who have reminded us all that something pure remains unsullied in the beautiful game. You may not fully appreciate how special Ajax are, not yet. You will probably be unaware of the journey this famous Dutch club has been on, the thinking behind the process that has brought them to the brink of a Champions League final for the first time in 23 years.

Ajax are amazing and I do not use those words lightly. They play with freedom of expression, they play like a team born in Amsterdam, that most artistic and rebellious of cities where you are allowed to indulge; where hedonism is a way of life and your creativity is nurtured and encouraged. If ever a football team symbolised its home city, it is Ajax. It is an incredible team, not just a joy to behold, but remarkable because this is simply not supposed to happen in the modern game
''.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/17/love-letter-ajax-europes-exciting-team/

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2019, 08:49:45 PM »

I worried what was the rush ?? Anyone notice the Press game ?

''Okay, let's not panic just yet. Yes, Manchester United are not quite the force they had threatened to be in the early days of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign, and yes, after a resounding 4-0 aggregate defeat to Barcelona, they are now out of the running in every competition, meaning the success of their season rests on securing qualification for the 2019/20 Champions League.

However, given the position they were in when Jose Mourinho was sacked in December - 11 points off fourth after 17 games, if you needed reminding - the chance to make this season's top four certainly shouldn't be sniffed at.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/17/end-ole-gunnar-solskjaers-honeymoon-gone-awry-manchester-united/

Robert

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2019, 07:20:51 AM »

Robert - just for you . . . .

''This is a love letter, a tribute to a team that has made me fall in love with football again and a club who have reminded us all that something pure remains unsullied in the beautiful game. You may not fully appreciate how special Ajax are, not yet. You will probably be unaware of the journey this famous Dutch club has been on, the thinking behind the process that has brought them to the brink of a Champions League final for the first time in 23 years.

Ajax are amazing and I do not use those words lightly. They play with freedom of expression, they play like a team born in Amsterdam, that most artistic and rebellious of cities where you are allowed to indulge; where hedonism is a way of life and your creativity is nurtured and encouraged. If ever a football team symbolised its home city, it is Ajax. It is an incredible team, not just a joy to behold, but remarkable because this is simply not supposed to happen in the modern game
''.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/17/love-letter-ajax-europes-exciting-team/

Hi Roger,

this is the reason why I have been an Ajax-supporter since 1969. Ajax plays football for the supporters not only for the result. If I would be a supporter of such a club no need to see the match only the result.

Still happy, but what a game between Man City and Spurs! Against Man City I would have said 70/30 chance, against Spurs 50/50 depending upon the flow of the players.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]