Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Whither A Quiet Bar?  (Read 2888 times)

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re: Whither A Quiet Bar?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »

Rats - it's really very open of you to make that statement. I'm sure that you are not the only one and maybe something will come out of that. Some of us in Thailand are not in the right position or lucky enough to find a circle of affinity and it IS more difficult being abroad as we are.

(The 'Golfers' seem to be the best placed bunch IMO.)

Good luck. I hope things look up soon.  :)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Bournemouth

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »

Thaiwolf.     That's not being positive for the new season.

Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »

Sorry, only joking. I'm actually very optimistic about the new season. Can't wait for it to start.

Ratsima

• Administrator
    • Out and About Thailand - Travel Blog
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »

Ratsima, when you get back and if you fancy a chat over coffee or beer, I am not far from you I think - Homeland 3?

That's a very kind offer and I thank you for it.

But, it kind of misses the point, which is that there's really no place to go in Korat to meet up with people. I know there are klatches who coffee together at The Mall. And, the golfers and SwatCat enthusiasts seem to have cultivated affinity groups. But, the rest of us are really left out.

As I've mentioned, I lived on Saipan for 26 years; a place where it was impossible to not have friends. I worked. I sailed. I did scuba diving. I did the Hash. I ran competitively. I had a TV show. I had a high profile job. I was awash with friends. I was never lonely. It was marvelous.

And then I come here and experience the kind of isolation and loneliness that I thought only existed in depressing novels.

I have come to hate the place and the isolation that it imposes on those of us who are shy and introverted.

I should have never left Saipan.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2018, 05:30:20 AM »

Rats - I miss Saipan too and I've never been there  ;D  Lovely !

https://wikitravel.org/en/Saipan
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]