Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In memory of Steen, The Odd Viking. You will be sadly missed. Our sincere condolences to Steen's family and friends. 

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Estates or SUV ?  (Read 915 times)

Roger

• Solid Member +
Estates or SUV ?
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:17:33 AM »

From the DT 'unpremium' - I thought this was interesting. Don't estate cars handle like a good ole' saloon but still have a lotta space ? SUV's rule OK in Thailand. Deffo  ;)

''"Ah, but an SUV is more practical," I hear you say. Well, actually, not really. An estate like the Audi A4 Avant, or indeed any big estate, has the advantage of a lower load lip and, often, a longer boot. Official boot capacity figures generally favour 4x4 body shapes, hence the Audi Q5's official 550 litres of space versus the A4 estate's 505 litres (both measured to the windowline). But a lot of that space in an SUV is held in the depth of the boot, while an estate often has more floor space – all the better to accommodate your gubbins.''

''You want more reasons to buy an estate instead of an SUV? Well, they’re typically more fuel efficient, lighter and cheaper to buy than their SUV equivalents. Even when you go for the expensive, four-wheel-drive estate variant like the A4 allroad that got me wondering why more people don’t go for plush, rugged estates rather than SUVs
.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/comment/obsession-suvs-has-gone-far-enough-time-return-4x4-estates/

rdrokit

• KFers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
Re: Estates or SUV ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 03:23:36 PM »

Not that many manufactures making estates or as we call them in the USA wagons. They were very popular when I was a child but there were no SUVs back then. I do like the look of the Merc estate which is available here in Thailand. Of course Mercedes calls them Shooting Brakes.

Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »

Volvo do the V90 estate which is also available in Thailand: https://www.volvocars.com/en-th/cars/new-models/the-new-v90

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 05:55:43 PM »

I like some of the newer Volvo cars. I was never a fan of the old style Volvos.

Estate or SUV? In the UK, I'd probably by an estate over an SUV. In Thailand, probably neither, but if I went for a test drive and liked it, I wouldn't rule out an SUV. I saw a nice looking Range Rover SUV a few weeks ago. If anyone wants to buy me one for my birthday, I'll happily accept it. Thanks in advance. :)
Nil carborundum illegentium est

rdrokit

• KFers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:57:12 AM »

Mazda 6, which isn't available in Thailand, has an estate which is pretty good looking. Not even imported to the USA.

Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
    • Pix Isaan
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 03:52:32 PM »

Jaguar have a nice estate also, but again not imported into Thailand:

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »

RDRO the owner of the 'Korat Resort' has that Merc in white - it IS lovely  ;D

CK yep like that Volvo and the Jag is a beauty too.

Alfie when is your birthday so we can plan a  little for that Range Rover ? What colour would you like ?

. . . . . . .  Sh*t - back to the truck after that bit of dreaming.

Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
    • Pix Isaan
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 06:41:43 PM »

RDRO the owner of the 'Korat Resort' has that Merc in white - it IS lovely  ;D

CK yep like that Volvo and the Jag is a beauty too.

Alfie when is your birthday so we can plan a  little for that Range Rover ? What colour would you like ?

. . . . . . .  Sh*t - back to the truck after that bit of dreaming.

Roger, I'd be almost prepared to accept your comments if it wasn't that Ferrari has posted that your car is ready for delivery:

Pages: [1]