Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Too much tourism ?  (Read 475 times)

Roger

• Solid Member +
Too much tourism ?
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »

Venice certainly. Ibiza ? Majorca ? Prague ? Paris ?

Chatting to a Dutch Guy the other day - he wants to build a wall around Amsterdam and float it out of Holland - I see why :-

''Last week the city’s ombudsman, Arre Zuurmond, condemned the municipal authorities’ failure to manage the growing crowds, saying the centre had become a lawless “urban jungle” with police spread too thin to keep control. “Messy, dirty, puking, shitting on the street,” says Suzanne Bleijenberg, 27, an office worker, of the night visitors.''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/04/amsterdam-british-tourists-overwhelmed-bad-behaviour

Roger

• Solid Member +
Re: Too much tourism ?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »

At the end of this piece, there's some photos of an overcrowded Barcelona so you can see why the locals have a problem with too many tourists :-

''Sick posters urging tourists to jump their deaths from balconies have popped across Barcelona. The posters, which claim that ‘balconing IS fun’, and ‘prevents gentrification’, have been spotted around the famous Spanish city.''

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/sick-posters-mocking-british-balcony-deaths-put-barcelona-anti-tourist-campaigners-113952227.html

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:35:49 AM »

One too many Tourists in this case - let's hope Thailand just puts him on a plane and bans a revisit. Or will the wheels of Thai justice grind him to dust . . .

''. . . .his mum, Michelle Furlong, says his embarrassing behaviour may actually be caused by rare brain condition - Tuberous Sclerosis Complex''.

He has a brain condition - in which case why fill his pocket with money and send him here to get drunk? Brits at it again :-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6293727/Backpacker-Liverpool-faces-TEN-YEARS-Thai-prison-spraying-Scouse-Lee-fortress.html

Administrator

• Administrator
    • Korat-Farang.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 10:35:07 PM »

Here it is!

jivvy

• Solid Member +
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 08:27:29 AM »

One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Administrator

• Administrator
    • Korat-Farang.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »

Jivvy, Roger was looking for this thread so I bumped it. Hence my odd, cryptic message.

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 06:39:14 AM »

(I was mystified when I couldn't find the thread again so Admin, thanks).

I've lost the link now - (anyone?). An article (somewhere) about an amazing mountaintop in New Zealand. A fantastic shot over 4 happy packers with the view behind.

Then another pic in the opposite direction, showing a queue of 100's waiting to do their own 'selfie' in the crows nest. Not my sorta hols. Too much tourism  ::)

Teessider

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 10:21:14 AM »

Is this the photo Roger?
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Coolkorat

• Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »

Not my video: some technical fettling to make this video accessible. Explanation to follow!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7h3hpl1do" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7h3hpl1do</a>

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #9 on: Today at 06:43:50 AM »

Teess - thank you. That's the mountain - but I'd seen a dreamy pic of 4 'packers' and the view behind and another pic of a neverending queue waiting for the spot. But that's the gist of it. Not my sort of tourism . . .

The monkeys swimming. Here's the tail/tale.
Coolkorat - many thanks for sorting out that video  :)

Steve of Steve's bar in Laem Sing, took the video at Au Krating beach on Monkey Mountain at Laem Sing - it's a tropical paradise WITH cabaret !

I saw something similar a few months ago near Au Samet Dang Restaurant - more dramatic really than this clip. Monkeys repeatedly climbing an overhanging tree and leaping into the water. Swimming underwater and dog paddling but also, almost unbelievably, a slow crawl stroke from one. 'Twas a first for me. Again thanks CK.
Pages: [1]