Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Radio/CD/MP3 player for Toyota Vigo ??  (Read 439 times)

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Radio/CD/MP3 player for Toyota Vigo ??
« on: August 30, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »

The 'WMA MP3' in my 8 year old Vigo has given up the ghost. The mechanism that sucks in the CD has finally given up and my CD, 'Where is the love' as well !

I'll be around Korat next week hopefully and I wondered if anyone knows where I might get the unit repaired OR replaced with an OE or alternative unit at sensible cost ?

Toyota as usual can fix the problem at an enormous Baht 35,000  ::)   :o
So I need help !

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc</a>
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Re: Radio/CD/MP3 player for Toyota Vigo ??
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 01:03:04 PM »

You can go to a car radio shop and they will supply and fit a new unit for less than 10000 baht. You could even get a dvd player with a flip out screen for not much more.
HL

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »

Cheers HL. Do you know a good shop ? I wouldn't want DVD. Thanks  :)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Robert

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 01:45:49 PM »

Hi Roger,

as there are many shops and different type of radio's/cd/mp3 player it would help a lot if you would put picture of current radio in this topic.

Have a nice day,
Robert

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 03:20:50 PM »

I imagine he has the fitted toyota radio so the panel would need to be replaced, which they keep in stock.
The shop I have always used and found to be very good is.....and I dont know the name but.....if you are driving north out of yamo and turn left onto mirratrap road, drive past the temple and there is a few shops on the left including a car upholstery shop, it is one of those shops. If you turn left then, immediately after the left bend in the road is the entrance to their very big workshop, car park and back entrance.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 04:06:04 PM »

Thanks Robert - that would stress my computer skills rather  :-[
But it's the standard Vigo kit . . .

HL - thanks again. I think I can find that OK - ATB both.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 04:14:39 PM »

Had a quick look at Lazada - some of the units are below B2000 !

Can anyone recommend a good model to ask for when I get to the shop ?

Thanks.

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 05:16:20 PM »

Just make sure its a good make, pioneer or sony or similar, the models have different features so it depends whats important to you mate, just ask at shop and see what they have got.
While your at it get them to fit a good dash cam for your peace of mind in case of accident....lol
HL.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »

Thanks Guys. It was quite simple really - things have moved on a bit since I last bought one of these about 50 years ago  ;) 

I asked around for a supplier in Chantaburi so that I can refer any problems back easy - found a great Guy fitted a good JVC for Baht 3,500 and where the Toyota unit came out, I've got a useful shelf under the JVC for the CD's. Excellent.

HL - no dash cam this time !

Problem solved  ;D  ATB

Robert

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »

Thanks Guys. It was quite simple really - things have moved on a bit since I last bought one of these about 50 years ago  ;) 

I asked around for a supplier in Chantaburi so that I can refer any problems back easy - found a great Guy fitted a good JVC for Baht 3,500 and where the Toyota unit came out, I've got a useful shelf under the JVC for the CD's. Excellent.

HL - no dash cam this time !

Problem solved  ;D  ATB

No usb connection? ;D ;D ;D

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »

Hi Robert. Yes it's got USB and Bluetooth. The only down is that it doesn't look as good as the OE unit but the truck is 8 years old now. So it's fine. Tks Roger

Robert

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 05:29:51 PM »

Hi Robert. Yes it's got USB and Bluetooth. The only down is that it doesn't look as good as the OE unit but the truck is 8 years old now. So it's fine. Tks Roger

I just asked because a USB flashdrive has much more storage than a cd. Personally I only use USB in my car, do not have to change cd's so frequently anymore.
Pages: [1]