Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wishco  (Read 271 times)

Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Wishco
« on: September 20, 2018, 05:47:11 PM »

Has anyone been to the Wishco supermarket in Korat?  I gather it opened a few months ago.  I only ask because it is an offshoot of Hokki supermarkets of Phimai and the next Wishco is in build next to the PTT station on the 206 between Talad Khae and Phimai.  As the existing Hokki s'market is complete rubbish, I'd be interested to know if Wishco is any better seeing as we are about to get one in my local area.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re: Wishco
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »

Hector - I've not been there but my M8 Henry has - he was saying that Wishco is similar to Makro with content and prices. When they opened, they had some eye catching offers online with silly prices - but in a very limited quantity I guess.

Next time you're down at Makro on the CC road - why not pop in ?
Wishco is obviously a substantial business. ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 09:39:27 AM »

Has anyone been to the Wishco supermarket in Korat?  I gather it opened a few months ago.  I only ask because it is an offshoot of Hokki supermarkets of Phimai and the next Wishco is in build next to the PTT station on the 206 between Talad Khae and Phimai.  As the existing Hokki s'market is complete rubbish, I'd be interested to know if Wishco is any better seeing as we are about to get one in my local area.
It is not associated to neither of the  Hokkee Supermarkets......Phimai or Nang Rong
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »

Hector - I've not been there but my M8 Henry has - he was saying that Wishco is similar to Makro with content and prices. When they opened, they had some eye catching offers online with silly prices - but in a very limited quantity I guess.

Next time you're down at Makro on the CC road - why not pop in ?
Wishco is obviously a substantial business. ATB
Pretty expensive v Makro
Already trimmed the opening hours back....now08-30-21-00

Hector

• Golfers in Korat
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »

Nookiebear: sorry to contradict you, but look at Wishco's websites (in Thai, but translate) and you will see that Wishco is absolutely a derivative of Hokee and it mentions the opening of the store in Phimai end this or start next year.

ben

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »

phimai rumors:.....
the owners of wishco in Korat and wishco in Phimai are two brothers.
Wishco Korat is the brother of the man that runs the biggest Hokee in Phimai.
Wishco korat investment: 600 million Baht
Wishco phimai investment: 300 million Baht.
They both will have food courts
(wishco korat has a bigger food court than the food court from macro. Wishco Korat also has a playground for children.)
Also good air conditioning!!!!!
I liked it.

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »

Nookiebear: sorry to contradict you, but look at Wishco's websites (in Thai, but translate) and you will see that Wishco is absolutely a derivative of Hokee and it mentions the opening of the store in Phimai end this or start next year.
No Problem Hector......I had heard the same story before it opened....I asked the chap who runs the Hokkee Nang Rong branch,he said NO.I think he is the son of the boss in Phimai branch
Pages: [1]