Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Carabao  (Read 107 times)

Roger

• Solid Member +
Carabao
« on: November 07, 2018, 02:27:30 PM »

The Doo Guu Pub in Chantaburi set up a Carabao concert last night - on an adjoining 4 rai used for small horse riding. The day before, 5 trucks turned up and the crew put together the massive stage, light and sound system. A big clear up on the rough ground and there were 300 tables for 6 at B3600 each, including 4 meat dishes plus rice etc. and a large Chang dispenser.

I reckoned the take at about Baht 1,000,000 - if Carabao had 50% it's not a big pay off after paying for a support Band, all the equipment, crews, trucks et al. He just loves to play - can't believe he needs to work any more. We met him once at the Paradiso Hotel in Nakhon Sawan - he's very friendly  and he was happy to stand for a photo and so on.

It was a great show and some of the rocking guitar play was right on  ;D  Carabou seemed to enjoy himself and asked the crowd at one point if they were 'mau'.

We chose to watch from an adjoining restaurant, one of our favourites - had a fair view over the crowd from about 80 metres away . . . Being a bit remote was a good decision - towards the end we wandered to the back of the crowd and the throb of 'bass' full on was too much for me.

The resident horses were there throughout - they didn't seem bothered by the noise and the lights - even when being ridden by 2 young lads, without helmets as usual, in the dark, up and down the rough ground at the side. Two large grazing goats were also unmoved by the occasion.

I've been warned off Carabao concerts before due to the fighting - last night all seemed very amiable and as the Proprietress' husband is in the Army - there were a number of calming uniforms around. At a good venue, as last night for us, at the local Pub, a Carabao concert is a great night out. Tawan Daeng in Korat would be great - love that place !

Highly recommended - but you knew anyway. ATB.

Roger

• Solid Member +
Re: Carabao
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »

Chatting to said Proprietress tonight - apparently - Eid Carabao is performing in Chiang Rai tonight  :o

No way that the same stage etc. was up there in one day - unless they fly it up ? Or he has 2 sets ?

And to my surprise - he's 63 !
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:52:37 AM by Roger »

Calm Waters

• Just Arrived
Re: Carabao
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 04:33:34 PM »

Chatting to said Proprietress tonight - apparently - Eid Carabao is performing in Chiang Rai tonight  :o

No way that the same stage etc. was up there in one day - unless they fly it up ? Or he has 2 sets ?

And to my surprise - he's 63 !

I actually met him many years ago when he played at Pailin square. Super guy.
Pages: [1]