Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Asia Bibi in Pakistan  (Read 66 times)

Roger

• Solid Member +
Asia Bibi in Pakistan
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »

Asia Bibi - this luckless Christian woman had a row with a neighbour who invoked the 'blasphemy' law. She has been acquitted after spending many years in jail but cannot now leave Pakistan.

''Asia Bibi, the Christian farm labourer whose blasphemy case has triggered violent protests and assassinations in Pakistan, has been freed from jail but remains in protective custody, a week after the country’s supreme court overturned her conviction. Officials said that she left a detention facility in the Punjab province amid tight security on Wednesday and was flown to Islamabad, where she was at a secure location because of threats to her life.''

I wonder if Imran Khan can stand up to this violent mob rule ?

Khan swept to power earlier this year on promises to restore the rule of law, to champion the oppressed and marginalised and to deliver justice. His party is, after all, called the Movement for Justice,” said Omar Waraich of Amnesty International.''

I can hardly imagine the brutality of these events. How much do the 'West' give to Pakistan in foreign aid ? Very substantial amounts I guess.
Pages: [1]