Korat-Farang.com

Explanation needed please – Thai logic

ken kenobie · 7 · 181

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat

My wife just arrived home to tell me that her brothers wife Noi , has decided to open a new coffee shop in her village , the village has two 7-11 stores , two banks and at least six current walk in coffee shops , not counting the numerous small freestanding hut like coffee places and roaming motorbike and sidecar coffee vendors. The new coffee shop is going to be constructed by converting the front part of their house . I asked my wife why is Noi going to open a coffee shop , which by the way will be paid for by a loan from a family member ( not us ) . The answer was , Noi has noticed how well all the other coffee places seem to be doing and thinks she can do much better. Even though the village seems flooded with coffee outlets , along with endless empty hairdressing and beauty salons, Noi is convinced she is going to make her fortune with a new coffee shop.  Now I’m no Marcus Lemonis , but to me this sort of Thai thinking seems to be doomed from the start . Can some one please explain the Thai logic  ::)

Ken
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Offline TheOddViking

Can some one please explain the Thai logic

No! Isn't possible.  :'(

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy

No! Isn't possible.  :'(

That's because Thais are right brained and are supposedly more creative than logical.

The left side of the brain is responsible for controlling the right side of the body. It also performs tasks that have to do with logic, such as in science and mathematics. On the other hand, the right hemisphere coordinates the left side of the body, and performs tasks that have do with creativity and the arts.

According to the theory of left-brain or right-brain dominance, each side of the brain controls different types of thinking. Additionally, people are said to prefer one type of thinking over the other. For example, a person who is "left-brained" is often said to be more logical, analytical, and objective
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum

I think the best explanation remains that given by this Thai academic:

Here, in Thailand, we tend to address things in a rather superficial manner, and from the tail end of the problem. We only take up trendy issues. We do not follow problems seriously and continuously.

Prof Emeritus Suchitra Prasansuk: "Noise (is) Pollution", Bangkok Post, Nov 11, 2007.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
Can't explain their logic. Had a nice restaurant near by. Run out of their house. It did well so they bought the house next door to expand. Were doing really good and then the house on the other side decided to open a restaurant then the a 3rd opened in another house down the street. Now they are all out of business.

How about a hotel that is half full and they raise their price so they can get more revenue instead of lowering the price to get higher occupancy and more residual revenue in their restaurant.

Or the owner who wants to sell their house and is on the market for 2 years because they don't want to lower the asking price.

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Can't explain their logic. Had a nice restaurant near by. Run out of their house. It did well so they bought the house next door to expand. Were doing really good and then the house on the other side decided to open a restaurant then the a 3rd opened in another house down the street. Now they are all out of business.

How about a hotel that is half full and they raise their price so they can get more revenue instead of lowering the price to get higher occupancy and more residual revenue in their restaurant.

Or the owner who wants to sell their house and is on the market for 2 years because they don't want to lower the asking price.

Here’s another Thai puzzler  ;D

You see a block of brand new shop houses with the pull down fronts , and accommodation on the upper floor being built , but across the road from the new units being constructed is another much older run down and dilapidated row of the same shop houses . But they are all empty and never seem to have been used.

Ken

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Online Bournemouth

No such thing as "Thai logic" 

That's my view after 12 years here.