Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is this sort of thing considered normal ?  (Read 157 times)

ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Is this sort of thing considered normal ?
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:27:24 PM »

Ive been noticing some thing a little strange , some thing that my wife sees me doing on a regular basis , but all she does is just smile and makes no comment , but her eyes are saying WTF are you doing . I know I’m doing it and I know to some it may be odd behavior  ???

I seem to be getting obsessed with things having to be in order , I get a constant desire to move or rearrange things , things that in my mind need repositioning or put in a better position.  In my wardrobe at home my shirts all hang on identical type hangers and they are arranged side by side all in their different colours and order. My shoes have to be polished and waiting all in a regimental ordered line , all heels to the rear. 

All the items in our kitchen cupboards have have to be stored in separate divided rows , no mixing up the different type of products. If I come home and see something that look like its out of order , say a pair of scissors in the wrong section of the cutlery draw , I have to move it back to its correct position . All my personal belongings have a home of their own , nothing out of place or out of order.

Out shopping if I pick up say several tins of beans off a supermarket shelf and place them in my shopping trolley . I then have to re arrange the remaining tins of beans left on the shelf back into order , I just can’t leave an empty space where the tins of beans came from. Every where I need to see that stuff is set out in an ordered and neat fashion , If I park my car , I even some times end up maneuvering the vehicle back and forth , so I’m parked perfectly between the parking area lines.

Just last night I came home and saw that an assortment of magazines that we keep on the coffee table , were just randomly laying on the glass top
instead of their normal neat stack . Even before I could do any thing else I had to rearrange  them and put them back in order.

Is it only me that does this sort of thing ?

Ken

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
Re: Is this sort of thing considered normal ?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »

Sounds like Obsessive compulsive disorder.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:25:30 AM »

Ken I'm notoriously tidy and organised in some ways.
So it's NOT just you  ;)

I share the matching coathanger fetish etc. but I don't tidy up the Supermarket shelves. And I'm too lazy to polish shoes often.

OCD - the only way to live  :)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »

Ken I'm notoriously tidy and organised in some ways.
So it's NOT just you  ;)

I share the matching coathanger fetish etc. but I don't tidy up the Supermarket shelves. And I'm too lazy to polish shoes often.

OCD - the only way to live  :)

Roger , its good to know I’m not the only one who is tidy minded  ;)

Ive been in many Thai houses over the years , and in some cases walking into the house instantly caused me to feel slightly nauseous  :o , there before me was what looked like a lounge where a bomb had recently gone off,  a scene of complete clutter and chaos . I just wanted to slip on my own personal pinny and get to work  ;D

Ken

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Bournemouth

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 04:14:33 AM »

The main thing for me is, to keep my money tidy and in order in my wallet.

All notes must be in the correct order.

20, 50 100 500  and 1,000 starting with 20's at the front.

All notes must be the same with the Kings head top right.

Old and dirty notes first.

Notes showing the new king at the back of each group.

Is it me?

Or anyone does this?

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 04:37:27 AM »

Me Too Bournemouth  :D
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 07:02:14 AM »

The main thing for me is, to keep my money tidy and in order in my wallet.

All notes must be in the correct order.

20, 50 100 500  and 1,000 starting with 20's at the front.

All notes must be the same with the Kings head top right.

Old and dirty notes first.

Notes showing the new king at the back of each group.

Is it me?

Or anyone does this?

Ah a man after my own heart  ;D

Ken

ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 07:14:44 AM »

Me Too Bournemouth  :D

Bournemouth , now that's a place that brings back fond memories of my first honeymoon staying at the Langtry Manor Hotel .

Ken
Pages: [1]