Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A store that may sell this type of chair.  (Read 429 times)

ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
A store that may sell this type of chair.
« on: December 23, 2018, 08:47:52 AM »

Ive decided to brake open one of my old and now completely full Piggy Bank money boxes and finally treat my self  ;D

I’m looking to buy a new computer chair similar to the one shown in the photograph , that one was on sale in an out of town furniture store , but is no longer available  . Ive had a quick look around some other smaller furniture store and The Mall , but mostly they sell the standard metal frame computer chairs , the type I want is far more comfortable .

Any one know of some where that may sell this type of chair .

Ken

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Dylan_Leo

• Just Arrived
Re: A store that may sell this type of chair.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 09:16:10 AM »

Hi Ken,

Have you tried Major Furniture Store on the 224 road, its on the right on the way into Korat, 1km before you get to Do Home.
They have some nice stuff in there.

DL

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »

I’m looking to buy a new computer chair similar to the one shown in the photograph

Index Living Home or Major Furniture Mall for something good quality. The first exiting the city on Mitthapap direction Joho, left side of the road. Second one exiting the city direction Chok Chai, left side of the road shortly after Do Home. If it must be downtown I would try Ehkgalak Living Home main store on Suebsiri, see this short discussion (read it all till the end).
Village idiots unwelcome here

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »

Have you tried Major Furniture Store

It's Major Furniture Mall unless they changed the name. They did renew and enlarge it recently.

Dylan_Leo

• Just Arrived
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »

Hi Anton,

Yes its Major Furniture Mall, my mistake.

DL

Pompui

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 03:43:48 PM »

Homepro, the furniture shop between the Joho flyover and Tesco back entrance, furniture shop on Suebsiri road around about Soi 18 and the family that owns that one also has another shop in the city on Pho Klang Road nearly opposite the flower market.
Live like you are dying

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 05:31:04 PM »

Homepro

I wouldn't rely on Home Pro for furniture, quality generally poor IMHO.

the furniture shop between the Joho flyover and Tesco back entrance

That's Yess Furniture: http://www.yessinterior.com/index.php. It's a large store and it deserves a visit too. If Ken goes to Index from the city then he must pass by it on the way back. They are less than 1 km away from each other but on opposite sides of the road.

furniture shop on Suebsiri road around about Soi 18 and the family that owns that one also has another shop in the city on Pho Klang Road nearly opposite the flower market

That's Ehkgalak, mentioned in my reply. The most central branch is not where you say Pompui. It's on Jomsurangyard near the junction with Yotha.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »

the furniture shop between the Joho flyover and Tesco back entrance

That's Yess Furniture: http://www.yessinterior.com/index.php. It's a large store and it deserves a visit too. If Ken goes to Index from the city then he must pass by it on the way back. They are less than 1 km away from each other but on opposite sides of the road.

I just recalled that immediately before Yess Furniture, almost attached to it, there's an office furniture store too. Being an office chair you're looking for, it might be worthy to give a look inside while there.

Robert

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 06:09:43 PM »

Ive decided to brake open one of my old and now completely full Piggy Bank money boxes and finally treat my self  ;D

I’m looking to buy a new computer chair similar to the one shown in the photograph , that one was on sale in an out of town furniture store , but is no longer available  . Ive had a quick look around some other smaller furniture store and The Mall , but mostly they sell the standard metal frame computer chairs , the type I want is far more comfortable .

Any one know of some where that may sell this type of chair .

Ken

Hi Ken,

seen same kind of chairs in Central Plaza.

ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 08:15:46 PM »

Thanks guy’s , I must apologies as I did not say that in fact the chair in the photograph was in the Major Furniture Mall on the out skirts of Korat. I first saw it several weeks ago , but at the time although I was very happy with that model and how comfortable it was , I did what I all ways seem to do and not by it there and then  ::) . Thinking that I will find the same chair at another furniture store but at a lower price. My motto now is buy some thing when you see it for the first time , don’t assume its still going to be there when you go back  ;) The Major Furniture Mall sales assistant said that the chair should be back in stock , but it could take months  :(

Again , thanks to every one for your suggestions , I'm going to keep looking as my aching back is crying out for a new chair.

Ken

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Pompui

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 11:53:03 PM »

furniture shop on Suebsiri road around about Soi 18 and the family that owns that one also has another shop in the city on Pho Klang Road nearly opposite the flower market

That's Ehkgalak, mentioned in my reply. The most central branch is not where you say Pompui. It's on Jomsurangyard near the junction with Yotha.

Anton, it is where I said. The family has three shops and the one on Jomsurangyard road is the smallest and doesn't have office furniture, or at least didn't have a couple of years ago. The one on Pho Klang road doesn't look very big from the outside but goes a long way back inside and has two floors.
Live like you are dying

Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
    • My House
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 12:33:02 AM »

Ken, I've had many chairs like the one in your photo. But, they usually wore out in a few years. Usually the on the arm rests. I also felt for me, that they are really not suited for computer work. When I was at Disney, everyone had a Herman Miller Aeron Chair and it was great. I had the same chair for 11 years and never showed any signs of wearing out. In Thailand I couldn't find the same chair, but I did find one that was similar on Lazada. It's a Ergotrend chair. Many different adjustments and with the mesh seat and back there is not sweating. It is expensive though, I paid 19,000 baht for it about 5 years ago. It's on sale now for 16,999 baht.

I did a Google Translate on the Thai description on Lazada:

The backrest is mesh Mesh cushion Suitable for hot cities
    The backrest has a Lumbar Protection Support system to help support the concave portion of the waist / back to be attached to the chair.
    Supporting weight 150 kg

Using

Adjust the backrest flexible tilt tension adjustment
    Adjustable headrest height (Headrest height adjustment)
    Arm-pad inward & outward adjustment
    Armrest can adjust the height (Armrest height adjustment)
    Adjustable back height (Lumbar height adjustment)
    Adjust the level of angle rest (Headrest angle adjustment)
    Can adjust the in-out seat (Seat depth adjustment)
    Adjustable height of the chair (Seat height adjustment)
    Can backrest tilt angle adjustment
    There is a suit hanger behind the suit (chair hanger).

Material

The backrest is made from MESH mesh.
    The cushions are made from MESH mesh.
    The legs are made from aluminum, strong and beautiful.
I am sofa king we todd did.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 07:35:12 AM »

Anton, it is where I said. The family has three shops and the one on Jomsurangyard road is the smallest and doesn't have office furniture, or at least didn't have a couple of years ago. The one on Pho Klang road doesn't look very big from the outside but goes a long way back inside and has two floors.

Then I missed this connection all of these years. Thank you for the information  :)

ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 07:38:10 AM »

Ken, I've had many chairs like the one in your photo. But, they usually wore out in a few years. Usually the on the arm rests. I also felt for me, that they are really not suited for computer work. When I was at Disney, everyone had a Herman Miller Aeron Chair and it was great. I had the same chair for 11 years and never showed any signs of wearing out. In Thailand I couldn't find the same chair, but I did find one that was similar on Lazada. It's a Ergotrend chair. Many different adjustments and with the mesh seat and back there is not sweating. It is expensive though, I paid 19,000 baht for it about 5 years ago. It's on sale now for 16,999 baht.

I did a Google Translate on the Thai description on Lazada:

The backrest is mesh Mesh cushion Suitable for hot cities
    The backrest has a Lumbar Protection Support system to help support the concave portion of the waist / back to be attached to the chair.
    Supporting weight 150 kg

Using

Adjust the backrest flexible tilt tension adjustment
    Adjustable headrest height (Headrest height adjustment)
    Arm-pad inward & outward adjustment
    Armrest can adjust the height (Armrest height adjustment)
    Adjustable back height (Lumbar height adjustment)
    Adjust the level of angle rest (Headrest angle adjustment)
    Can adjust the in-out seat (Seat depth adjustment)
    Adjustable height of the chair (Seat height adjustment)
    Can backrest tilt angle adjustment
    There is a suit hanger behind the suit (chair hanger).

Material

The backrest is made from MESH mesh.
    The cushions are made from MESH mesh.
    The legs are made from aluminum, strong and beautiful.

Eagle 3 , thanks for the suggestion and comment . That looks an interesting design , I have seen similar designs when out and about looking at chairs , but never really thought about / sat on one. Next time I see one I'm going to give it a try , and see how it feels.

Ken

Pages: [1]