Korat-Farang.com

Are you getting tired of your smart phone ?

ken kenobie · 8 · 355

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Some times I get a bit tired of carrying around my lump of a Huewei 5.5 inch Android touch screen smart mobile phone . I don’t really use it much other than for making / receiving calls during the day , and surfing the internet in bed at night.

To day at one of the local mobile phone shops I had a play with a bright yellow Nokia 8110 4G ( dual SIM – 1,700 Baht  ) and I was impressed with its lightness and simplicity . I’m thinking of buying one just to see how I get on  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKsIoHXyfDQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKsIoHXyfDQ</a>

Any one else ever thought about ditching you smart phone and returning back to a more simpler feature phone like the Nokia 8110 4G .

ӃӃ

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Ken that Nokia would help you sleep - no surfing at night ?  ;)

The Banana phone looks great - has a slide cover for the keys plus a camera - compared to my basic 2 sim Nokia at B800  :-\   2 sim cards is useful - I have True 4G here and Lycamobile for the UK - when I land, I can make a call UK side without delay. But I may swop for a banana !   :)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
Ken that Nokia would help you sleep - no surfing at night ?  ;)

The Banana phone looks great - has a slide cover for the keys plus a camera - compared to my basic 2 sim Nokia at B800  :-\   2 sim cards is useful - I have True 4G here and Lycamobile for the UK - when I land, I can make a call UK side without delay. But I may swop for a banana !   :)

Roger

I have a hunch that due to information over load and intrusive social media meltdown at some future date people will start abandoning their smart mobile phones for the simplicity of easy to use feature phones .

It will go from a mantra of Oh I love my smart phone and cannot live with out it , to Oh leave me alone and stop watching every thing I do ???

ӃӃ 

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Agree with that Ken. Welcome to 'Bananaland', ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
I bought a cheap Nokia dumb phone earlier this year. I can't remember the model number and I can't find the box for it - and the Nokia website doesn't have the same model, so here's a photo of it. Yes, bright yellow. :)

The build quality is quite poor. You can see some of the yellow plastic is missing from the bottom of the phone. It just fell offf one day.

We could start a Bright Yellow Phone Club  ;D

It could be a 220 or a 225 .

What about this mobile phone  :)

Dual touch screen -  dual SIM Android mobile phone [ Daxian W189 ]

ӃӃ 

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Alfie. That phone's no good - it's not bent like the 'Bananaphone'   ;)

Ken - as you are the cause of this trouble - you should go YELLOW first  8)
And that 'Daxian' is LIGHT BRONZE IMHO.

I'm on record as liking pink cars - so just ignore me.

Better not HUAWEI about it though . . . ATB

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
    • My House
I could not live without my smart phone, a Samsung Note 9. I only make/receive phone calls about 1% of the time when using my phone. When I'm not at my PC, I use it for surfing the web, email, news etc. Also, I use it for taking photos, playing music, checking weather, texting, viewing security cameras at our stores and at home, to do list, shopping list, reminders such as birthdays and when to pay bills, translate Thai, home security control, games, GPS navigation and a few other things. I'm sure I'm not alone in doing this.
I am sofa king we todd did.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Eagle - you are obviously not a 'technophobe' and you are 100% right ;) Smart phones are amazing. But my fingertips don't seem to work . . .