Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I started to notice this strange thing a few months ago.  (Read 94 times)

ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
I started to notice this strange thing a few months ago.
« on: December 28, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »

I started to notice this strange thing a few months ago , and I’m sure if you now keep a look out you , you will see it to  :)

Every and I mean every Thai Chinese shop or business I went into there were people all wearing the same exact watch , both men and women. At first I just brushed it off as being a pure coincidence. Then as time went by while out shopping in Korat , there once more it was . I could not stop my self glancing at people who I thought may be of Thai / Chinese   descent . Yes there on their wrist was the same exact watch  ;D

So I found the same watch make and model , these people were all wearing - it was a gold RADO Diastar.

So there must be some reason that the RADO Diastar watch seems to be very popular with people of Thai / Chinese descent .

Have you any thoughts as to why ?

ӃӃ 

Ken Kenobie Original Written Content

Pompui

Re: I started to notice this strange thing a few months ago.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 04:40:19 PM »

They are actually all extraterrestrials and the watch is a new model of their translator/communicator device. At least that's what the local homeless guy told me.
Live like you are dying

caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:24:33 PM »

Rado are a popular mid level brand in Thailand, along with Mido and Longines. You'll see those three brands, all part of the Swatch group, at most Mall and Central/Robinson stores, all over Thailand.

Are you sure everyone you see wearing that watch is Thai Chinese? I'm back in Thailand tomorrow, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »

They are actually all extraterrestrials and the watch is a new model of their translator/communicator device. At least that's what the local homeless guy told me.

Its a funny thing that you mention extraterrestrials as my now dear departed dad Walter M Kenobie one Sunday afternoon just after being released kept mumbling that that an extraterrestrial being had taken up residence in the shed at the bottom of our council house back garden. I will try and find a photograph that Walter took of this supposed alien and post it here.

ӃӃ 

ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »

Rado are a popular mid level brand in Thailand, along with Mido and Longines. You'll see those three brands, all part of the Swatch group, at most Mall and Central/Robinson stores, all over Thailand.

Are you sure everyone you see wearing that watch is Thai Chinese? I'm back in Thailand tomorrow, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I am firmly convinced that all the people I saw wearing that watch were possibly Thai Chinese. I have my fingers crossed that you will be able to confirm my observations  :)

ӃӃ 
Pages: [1]