Korat-Farang.com

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: Covid-19
« Last post by Eagle 3 on August 05, 2021, 01:10:06 PM »
Covid-19 2021 / Re: Getting vaccinated in Korat
« Last post by Roger on August 05, 2021, 11:00:37 AM »
RDRO I'd question just when those Moderna vaccines will arrive ? There's frequent talk in Thailand about prime vaccines but money is being taken in advance to fund the acquiring of these. I think delivery may be late 2021 or early 2022.

St Mary's know how important the 2nd dose is so it will be delinquent if they don't provide for that - let's  see.

Moderna, Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccines are worth waiting for but the immunity they give is vulnerable to the Delta variant which is 78% prevalent in Thailand now - however they do give much better protection against cases of severe infection and hospitalisation.

In the UK I sense now that many people 'think it's all over'   >:(   IMHO it really is NOT and trying to protect yourself from all possible contact with carriers remains of utmost importance.
« Last post by rdrokit on August 05, 2021, 08:25:28 AM »
Saint Mary Hospital in Korat announced that they are awaiting a limited number of Moderna doses and that it will be possible to register for booking one to two doses per person, starting on 6 August at 10:00 am, online only. Price: 1,650 THB for one dose.

I see nothing about it on their Website but I'm annexing here the letter with their own public announcement. The letter specifies some conditions and limitations; if interested get someone translate it for you, especially if you already got a first jab of any Covid vaccine. The letter says that applicants who will be accepted by the hospital will receive instructions for the payment.
Need 2 doses to completed the immunity. Would be just like Thailand to run out of vaccine after one dose.
« Last post by Anton on August 05, 2021, 12:01:46 AM »
Saint Mary Hospital in Korat announced that they are awaiting a limited number of Moderna doses and that it will be possible to register for booking one to two doses per person, starting on 6 August at 10:00 am, online only. Price: 1,650 THB for one dose.

I see nothing about it on their Website but I'm annexing here the letter with their own public announcement. The letter specifies some conditions and limitations; if interested get someone translate it for you, especially if you already got a first jab of any Covid vaccine. The letter says that applicants who will be accepted by the hospital will receive instructions for the payment.
« Last post by Eagle 3 on August 04, 2021, 01:06:40 PM »
Covid Cases 8/04. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/

It keeps getting worse!
« Last post by Roger on August 03, 2021, 03:45:47 PM »
Yes indeed Jungle - sad to see Korat (NR) topping the numbers in Isaan.

Maybe better news for the future here ?  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9853221/The-super-universal-vaccine-fight-coronavirus.html

Thanks Eagle . . .
« Last post by jungle on August 03, 2021, 02:52:48 PM »
Arrrrr what's with these high numbers
« Last post by Eagle 3 on August 03, 2021, 01:29:09 PM »