Korat-Farang.com

Dual Pricing

Hector · 2 · 247

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
I wish I had had a quid for every time in the last 24 years I have heard the dual pricing in Thailand subject aired - and forgotten, but I was interested to read an article in Thaiger this-morning: "Courts are preparing to hear final arguments on Tuesday in a case that a Dutchman has been fighting for several years to end the dual pricing system many foreigners experience at hospitals in Thailand. The anti-discrimination suit was filed two years ago by xxx after being routinely charged extra fees for his cancer treatment at xxx Hospital."  I had not heard of this case before and it will be interesting to discover the outcome.  Personally, I doubt he'll win although I hope he does!

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
"Courts are preparing to hear final arguments on Tuesday in a case that a Dutchman has been fighting for several years to end the dual pricing system many foreigners experience at hospitals in Thailand. The anti-discrimination suit was filed two years ago by xxx after being routinely charged extra fees for his cancer treatment at xxx Hospital."

I'm surprised, I thought the case was already settled in favor of the Dutchman. Didn't the government adopt a shameful decree just after that, to openly allow all hospitals to discriminate against foreigners in their pricing? I don't have time to look it up now.
Village idiots unwelcome here